Would you attend a Candlelight Supper?

Barrychuckle

Administrator
Staff member
So you've received the invite from Hyacinth to attend one of her prestigious candlelight suppers would you accept or decline???

On the plus side there would no doubt be entertainment watching her convince everyone she was the perfect hostess (which would doubtless go wrong!) and you'd get to see what her candlelight suppers were all about. However you'd have to be on your best behaviour at all times, so may be sitting on edge all the time and God forbid if you spill anything or don't follow social etiquette.....

So what does your RSVP say and why????

I would go mostly out of sympathy for Richard and the knowledge of being eventually being allowed to leave whilst he would be stuck with her. The food would be excellent too but it's debatable how much utilisation of the Royal Doulton would be permitted before chaos ensued.

Well, I would attend on the condition Hyacinth and Richard came to tea at our house to see how the "normal" working class people do things.

Incidentally, did we ever see a candlelight supper in progress or being organised and, if so, which episode was it?

Well, I would attend on the condition Hyacinth and Richard came to tea at our house to see how the "normal" working class people do things.

Incidentally, did we ever see a candlelight supper in progress or being organised and, if so, which episode was it?
We never actually saw a Candlelight Supper in progress, but we do see Hyacinth planning one in the episode The Candlelight Supper in series 2.

Like you, Barry, I would go hoping Onslow, Daisy, and Rose (and maybe Rose's gentleman friend of the week) show up.

It would be a comical experience for me, but I would have to mentally prepare myself to be on edge.

As for hanging out at Onslow's with beer, sounds good, but hopefully football would be on because I am not sure I could get into the gee-gees.

Like you, Barry, I would go hoping Onslow, Daisy, and Rose (and maybe Rose's gentleman friend of the week) show up.

It would be a comical experience for me, but I would have to mentally prepare myself to be on edge.

As for hanging out at Onslow's with beer, sounds good, but hopefully football would be on because I am not sure I could get into the gee-gees.
I'd love to have a beer or two with Onslow as he'd be great company, not sure I'd want to drink out of their glasses though!

Back