Gentle Comedies

I have seen a listing for a comedy show that ran for two series starring Alexander Armstrong called "Beast" the premise being he is a vet that does not like animals, can anyone enlighten me as to it being worth purchasing, apparently written by the same chap who gave us " Men behaving Badly", which I seem to remember went for shock value with some gross out scenes.

That's a new one on me Denton, can't say I've even heard of it. I can imagine that if it feature Alexander Armstrong it may be gentle as he's that type of character.

Other interesting fact I discovered about him is he's the president of the PG Wodehouse Appreciation Society in the UK!

That's a new one on me Denton, can't say I've even heard of it. I can imagine that if it feature Alexander Armstrong it may be gentle as he's that type of character.

Other interesting fact I discovered about him is he's the president of the PG Wodehouse Appreciation Society in the UK!

We have a Literal and Philosophical society in a beautiful building near Newcastle Central Station and he was appointed president of the Society in 2011.

I have seen a listing for a comedy show that ran for two series starring Alexander Armstrong called "Beast" the premise being he is a vet that does not like animals, can anyone enlighten me as to it being worth purchasing, apparently written by the same chap who gave us " Men behaving Badly", which I seem to remember went for shock value with some gross out scenes.
It seems to be out of print. Amazon shows it not available through regular, and just Region 2 by a 3rd-party seller. If you can tolerate mediocre quality old .divx files I uploaded them to Google Drive. If it won't let you play them there you can download and open with most any video player (definitely works in VLC). https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1AIFaiGlbAMn7UKaioST6FU-1ngYB-HNm?usp=drive_link

Update re :- Beast, thanks to the response of the kind people on here, I obtained a copy of Beast, it is quite gentle, perhaps an acquired taste, but, compared to some "edgy" comedies out there, a lot more palatable , No spoilers, but the episode Pig is possibly the closest to saucy , I will still take this over a lot of the newer comedies that are now out purely to shock, Thanks again for the support, much appreciated.

I know it was mentioned earlier in this thread, Terry and June is being screened in the UK on Drama channel, it is quite gentle and reflects the time it was made. I noticed as the series went on Terry Scott fluffs a lot of his lines, I thought this was perhaps for comic effect, sadly upon delving deeper, I discovered his health was not the best, and he had personal issues also that were understandably affecting his performance. It was also for a while believed by some, the actors were a couple in real life, which because of the excellent performances was again understandable. I will take these type of shows against a lot of the newer comedies doing the rounds.

I've never really watched full episodes or series but just caught it now and then mid episode etc but it seems excellent and the many bits I've seen are very funny. Hyacinth reminds me of an ex' mum. Both were opposite ends of the spectrum but nice people. The ex is still my buddy but her mum passed on but she was like Hyacinth.

I've never really watched full episodes or series but just caught it now and then mid episode etc but it seems excellent and the many bits I've seen are very funny. Hyacinth reminds me of an ex' mum. Both were opposite ends of the spectrum but nice people. The ex is still my buddy but her mum passed on but she was like Hyacinth.
Did she used to make your shoes off when you went round to see her :D

Back