Gentle Comedies

Gentle Comedies. I have to ask has anyone seen "Ted Lasso", currently showing on apple TV? I have some friends visiting from Deutschland and they are hooked on it. It is about a High School football coach from the US midwest, who was brought over to England to coach a British professional football team (which to me looks a lot like soccer). It has some heartwarming moments in it. There is some swearing in it, but football without swearing is like Doc Martin without medicine.

Wyatt's Watchdogs featuring our Foggy. Big thanks to maltrab for bringing this one to my attention and available. :18:
Without being ungrateful to Terry very kindly sharing it, I have I found it pretty weak. I think this was proof that Brian was a much better character actor than a leading one IMO

A Dramedy from the late 90's titled The Hello Girls, about 1960's telephone operators, had some good music from the era, sadly not available on DVD, has been shown on UK Gold at some point, episodes are on the tube, link below for episode 1 if you fancy watching

I just wondered if anyone has watched the reboot of Frasier , there are snippets on Tik Tok but wondered what it was like as I would need to consider subscribing in the UK to view it , thank you for any advice.
I've seen a couple of episodes on Paramount plus and it's okay. I won't say much but Nicholas Trotter oops Rodney Lyndhurst ooops Rodders oopps Nicholas Lyndhurst stars in it. It's Frasier...Nuf Sed :42:

I saw the first episode of the Frasier reboot on youtube. Could have been a Paramount special. There is potential there. Liked most all the characters so far. I'm a fan of Cheers / Frasier and Kelsey Grammer, so hoping the show goes well.

Here ya go @captain clutterbuck ep 1

Sadly Rick the link shows as unavailable in the post , thank you for trying to show it . I am looking through their content and will probably subscribe especially as you can terminate it at any time with it being a rolling contract.

That's odd captain. Wonder if they put a geo-fence on the video via youtube. Not sure why they would do that since you say that Paramount+ is available to you. Strangely enough as well is that I cannot find the episode via a general search on their youtube webpage. I got it from searching my browser history due to watching it after it first came out. Anyone else having trouble with the link - in or outside the US?

If you could try it via the url by adding "www." to the front of this "youtube.com/watch?v=OG3S47JVd3E&t=1108s" to see if it works.

Otherwise I have another idea, will touch base with you on it.

I’ve not got a VPN but I had an error message saying not available in my location. I know a VPN would probably eradicate this issue, but someone more IT savvy May be able to confirm for definite

I have to thank this Forum for putting me in touch with two gentle comedies, ‘Open All Hours’ and ‘Oh Doctor Beeching’. I watched a handful of episodes on Ducktube and ended up buying both box sets. David Jason did a fabulous job as Granville. I haven’t formed an opinion of Ronnie Barker yet because I am caught up in a bigger question about the Writer, who also wrote Summerwine. In both series, we have two characters Arkwright and Wainwright, both predatory and relentless storefront merchants who have no conscience when it comes to separating a victim from his or her cash and probably felt an entitlement and/or obligation to some higher power to so do. I am left pondering the coincidences in the names, sales strategies and results, which leads me to wonder what happened in the Writer’s past that led him to create two such parallel characters, in such a defining role, in both series.

Dr. Beeching was very enjoyable. I am always happy to see Smiler. Su Pollard was a hoot and full of energy. I really liked Paul Aspden as Wilfred, he was perfect in that role!

Again, Thanks!

I have to thank this Forum for putting me in touch with two gentle comedies, ‘Open All Hours’ and ‘Oh Doctor Beeching’. I watched a handful of episodes on Ducktube and ended up buying both box sets. David Jason did a fabulous job as Granville. I haven’t formed an opinion of Ronnie Barker yet because I am caught up in a bigger question about the Writer, who also wrote Summerwine. In both series, we have two characters Arkwright and Wainwright, both predatory and relentless storefront merchants who have no conscience when it comes to separating a victim from his or her cash and probably felt an entitlement and/or obligation to some higher power to so do. I am left pondering the coincidences in the names, sales strategies and results, which leads me to wonder what happened in the Writer’s past that led him to create two such parallel characters, in such a defining role, in both series.

Dr. Beeching was very enjoyable. I am always happy to see Smiler. Su Pollard was a hoot and full of energy. I really liked Paul Aspden as Wilfred, he was perfect in that role!

Again, Thanks!
STOP PRESS!
STOP PRESS!
STOP PRESS!
Intellectual barmpot on board

Back