A new quiz

Correct, your turn.

One of my favourite bits of dialogue is-

Episode: 'Perfection, Thy Name Is Ridley'

Compo. "Walter Chuffing Ridley"

Howard. "I didn't know he had a middle name?"

Truly. "He's had several in the past few hours" ;D

1. The Great Boarding House Bathroom Caper.
2.Pate And Chips.
3. Who Made A Bit Of A Splash In Wales Then?
4. All Mod Conned.

Correct!

I wasn't thinking of Pate and Chips, but yes I would say it was a "trip" in Pate and Chips. I was thinking of Last Post and Pigeon.

Your turn stewpot...

I have a question, Tony Melody played the pub landlord a couple of times in the series,what other important role did he contribute to the show

Didn't he do the voice over for Sid in "Getting Sam Home" because John Comer had throat cancer and could not speak.

Didn't he do the voice over for Sid in "Getting Sam Home" because John Comer had throat cancer and could not speak.

Yes he did,well done,before I knew this and watched this special I did notice Sid's voice was a little different, but just thought the BBC had invested in a better recording system

That's it, stewpot!!!

Your turn...
bliss.gif

Apart from Summer Wine, which other Classic Comedy did Frank Thornton, June Whitfield and Hugh Lloyd appear in during the 60s?

Give yourself a bonus point if you can name the Two episodes they appeared in, as a hint I can tell you that Frank Thornton and June Whitfield appeared in the same episode.

I think it was Hancock's Half hour and the episode with Frank and June was (I think) the Blood donor.(That's nearly an armful)

That's right George. Hugh Lloyd appeared in the Reunion as Clarence 'Smudger' Smith and he was also the Librarian in 'The Missing Page' (but that was only a brief appearance).

The Blood Donor. my favourite dialogue has to be the classic exchange between Hancock and Patrick Cargill:

You're AB Negative.
Is that a bad thing?
Oh no no, you're Rhesus positive
Rhesus! The're monkeys aren't they? ;D