Adverts within Adverts

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
I had to laugh, was watching on Facebook and famous comedian and a collection of beer adverts he had been in, about half way through the video stopped and FB injected their own advert, sad thing is they are doing this to many of the video post lasting more than 90 seconds, once the ad comes on I move on and never see the end of the video

I rarely watch terrestrial or "free to air" tv as it is called here. Mainly just the news, but I watch Utube and a couple of other streaming services through the tv. This means of course that the tv (actually a "Firestick" in most cases) is connected wirelessly to my router/modem.

It is becoming more prevalent for the internet connection to just "drop out" for several minutes at a time and so anything I am watching "crashes". I normally have a quiet one sided conversation with the world at that time explaining to it that I am mildly unhappy and giving observations as to how it has behaved in the past and polite suggestions as to how to rectify its past demeanor.
( eg. **>:**>:*>:*>: )

During those periods I flick back to "normal" tv, so at least something is on screen. I have actually COUNTED these next stats. Remembering the "drop outs" happen at random and occur several times over the course of a day, of the last 20 "drop outs" (over several days) all but ONE has resulted in me switching into the middle (usually beginning) of an advert break on the tv.!!:02::02::02::02::02:.

On the ONE time that didn't happen...guess what....... the +_*&&^% %ing adverts started within 30 seconds!

I had to laugh, was watching on Facebook and famous comedian and a collection of beer adverts he had been in, about half way through the video stopped and FB injected their own advert, sad thing is they are doing this to many of the video post lasting more than 90 seconds, once the ad comes on I move on and never see the end of the video
I know FB is very popular but it's basically a platform where people voluntarily share all their personal lives and FB sell it on to the highest bidder. At work we have had IT marketing firms speak with us and FB have more specific information about it's members than anything else!

I came off it about 10 years ago and haven't missed it for a second. Incidentally do ad blockers installed on your computer not stop these ads?

I know FB is very popular but it's basically a platform where people voluntarily share all their personal lives and FB sell it on to the highest bidder. At work we have had IT marketing firms speak with us and FB have more specific information about it's members than anything else!

I came off it about 10 years ago and haven't missed it for a second. Incidentally do ad blockers installed on your computer not stop these ads?
The ad blockers did stop the ad's Barry, which I why I think they have started to stick them into these posters video feeds

I rarely watch terrestrial or "free to air" tv as it is called here. Mainly just the news, but I watch Utube and a couple of other streaming services through the tv. This means of course that the tv (actually a "Firestick" in most cases) is connected wirelessly to my router/modem.

It is becoming more prevalent for the internet connection to just "drop out" for several minutes at a time and so anything I am watching "crashes". I normally have a quiet one sided conversation with the world at that time explaining to it that I am mildly unhappy and giving observations as to how it has behaved in the past and polite suggestions as to how to rectify its past demeanor.
( eg. **>:**>:*>:*>: )

During those periods I flick back to "normal" tv, so at least something is on screen. I have actually COUNTED these next stats. Remembering the "drop outs" happen at random and occur several times over the course of a day, of the last 20 "drop outs" (over several days) all but ONE has resulted in me switching into the middle (usually beginning) of an advert break on the tv.!!:02::02::02::02::02:.

On the ONE time that didn't happen...guess what....... the +_*&&^% %ing adverts started within 30 seconds!
Brain I noticed this years ago when I had a TV licence, on most commercial channels you were never far from the advert break, if you flicked onto another channel and thought oh this program has just started within a couple of minutes the ads would start, over here we have many plus 1 hrs channels, they inferred they were there in case you missed the program that started 1 hrs before, utter rubbish it just meant they upped their advert revenue, showing the same program 1 hr later with the same adverts.

Back