Ages - Youngest

me2

Dedicated Member
A question about who was the youngest regular cast member to join the show would be too easy. So taking Glenda and Barry out of the equation,
who would be the next youngest in their first episode?

Jonathon Linsley aka Crusher :30: ??
That's not the one I was thinking of, because he was at the end of my list and I missed seeing his age, but you are right.
In fact he was younger than Glenda, who was 34. Crusher was only 28.

It's worth noting Brian Wilde was only about a mere 48 when he first played Foggy.

Yes, I find it interesting that Bill Owen and Brian Wilde, who were 13 years apart in age, were able to play contemporaries very convincingly.

Last edited:
Yeah, some people are "young at heart." Brian Wilde was just the opposite, he was "old at heart."

Yes, I find it interesting that Bill Owen and Brian Wilde, who were 13 years apart in age, were able to play contemporaries very convincingly.

I agree about Bill Owen, but at least to me Wilde's Foggy always seems notably younger then Clegg and Compo the first go around. I think its mainly because of his natural sandy hair color. By the time he came back for the second go around he had gone completely white and you can see him labor a bit walking and climbing, which makes him look older then he actually was at that point.

In the home movie in which he is shown exiting the caravan, he goes down the steps very carefully and cautiously.

Back