Animals

amos hames

Dedicated Member
Whilst watching catching digbys donkey i started to wonder how many episode featured real animals like the donkey in dream acres etc.etc.How many animals can you remember and from which episodes.I think Eli had a little dog called Brandy

Whilst watching catching digbys donkey i started to wonder how many episode featured real animals like the donkey in dream acres etc.etc.How many animals can you remember and from which episodes.I think Eli had a little dog called Brandy
Didn't he swap her for a sheep?? ;) ::)

Barry once was in charge of Elvira and also once had to look after a golden retriever. ;D

Theres has been a few episodes that have featured horses such as Erroll Flynn used have a pair like that and extra extra

Theres has been a few episodes that have featured horses such as Erroll Flynn used have a pair like that and extra extra

Barrys Christmas, The Generals Greatest Battle, Keeping Britain tidy also...

There was the goat in getting barrys goat
The dog that chased the trio in the odd dog men
And of course Compos ferrets.The trio were show riding horses at the end of one episode where they go across a cricket pitch but i can not remember the title

There was the goat in getting barrys goat
The dog that chased the trio in the odd dog men
And of course Compos ferrets.The trio were show riding horses at the end of one episode where they go across a cricket pitch but i can not remember the title
Isometrics and After

In the "Mitzi" episode we watched last night Pearl
claimed that she and Howard had a cat, which we
never saw.

The trio are passengers in Willis' horse and cart and they try to catch donkeys in his field in 'The Flag and its Snag'.

I believe the animals with the most signifcance in Summer Wine are Compo's ferrets. I don't remember which one but there was also a Hobbo episode with a lot of ferret references.

Here is my question. Was there some sort of hidden meaning behind the use of fererets in Summer Wine (especially the earlier years)? I recall recently watching the Blamire episodes and havng a number of scenes where the trio discusses life, etc, while watching the ferrets.

And of course there is the "Inventor of the 40 Foot Ferret" but I just asked about that in another thread.

I dont think ferrets had any special significance in the programme.As far as i know,Flat caps,Hobnail boots,Pigeons,Whippets and Ferrets were all part of the stereotypical Yorkshireman from a certain era which i am sure has long since disappeared.

I think Wally was in the region of that stereotypical Yorkshireman with his flat cap, pigeons and later,the Whippet but it would take someone more knowledgeable than i on the subject to chime in.

Hector.

Back