Animals

Wasn't "The Great Boarding House Bathroom Caper" the first time we saw Compo's ferrets?
I think so,other episodes included Day Of The Welsh Ferret,Camera Shy and The Glory Hole.Think a ferret was seen in Ferret Come Home too

I think that in the earlier shows, there were actual ferrets, always safely in a cage (as I have heard that Bill Owen did not like them), and then in later shows, they were always referred to but never seen.

1. Let's not forget the pigeon in Pigeon and Post. Such a small bird that plays such a large part.
2. The show with a pig in a sty next to the pub. I've forgotten the title of the show and the name of the pub; but it ends with a drunken lady in cats eye glasses driving someone else's car in circles.

1. Let's not forget the pigeon in Pigeon and Post. Such a small bird that plays such a large part.
2. The show with a pig in a sty next to the pub. I've forgotten the title of the show and the name of the pub; but it ends with a drunken lady in cats eye glasses driving someone else's car in circles.

Way back to Series #2, Blamire and "A Quiet Drink"?

I like the term "cats eye" glasses. They are what we would call "Pebble" glasses and are what Eli wears.

There was an episode in which Compo fell down in the road while on roller skates, and didn't see the herd of cows coming up behind him.

Way back to Series #2, Blamire and "A Quiet Drink"?

I like the term "cats eye" glasses. They are what we would call "Pebble" glasses and are what Eli wears.

Dear Big Unc, I beg to differ. Cats eye frames were straight across on the top, rounded on the bottom and were designed to be worn only by ladies.

Dear Big Unc, I beg to differ. Cats eye frames were straight across on the top, rounded on the bottom and were designed to be worn only by ladies.

Quite right - understand better what you were getting at now. I was thinking of totally different bespectacled lady.

I believe Clegg held a chicken but as usual am not sure which programme, I have a picture in a book of him, apparently after initial reluctance Peter Sallis and hen became goods friends.

I believe Clegg held a chicken but as usual am not sure which programme, I have a picture in a book of him, apparently after initial reluctance Peter Sallis and hen became goods friends.

that episode was "An Apple a Day" from series 25

Back