Beards

Peripheral

Dedicated Member
How are you on beards? No, not you missus. I mean the fellas. I have just shaved mine off. I will now shave for the next 2 or 3 days then I will lapse. By lapse, I don't mean that I am running around the garden. The only thing that runs on me these days is my hooter. I get too idle to shave and let it grow. Day by day it gets longer and longer. My beard, not my hooter. I can cope with it for a while but, when birds start nesting in it, I know it is time to put the facial lawnmower into action. I hate shaving but I hate having a beard even more. This morning I could stand it no longer and got stuck into my personal tree felling. I had let it grow more than usual this time and twice I had to send Jack in to chase out the mice. He gets upset when I shave because he has nowhere to snuggle down and sleep. I have to vac the carpet afterwards because Victoria isn't tall enough to see over the top of my beard bits. My beard is white and looks like a snowdrift on the floor. One day she tried pushing the vac through it when she was dressed in a black jumper and black trousers, She came out looking like a panda. This morning she complained bitterly about the length of my beard. I don't know why, it wasn't as big as hers. Well, it's gone and it is now as smooth as a babies bum. All I need now is a Coronavirus nappy.

Hated shaving since my elder brother told me not to start when I was 15. Had to show him didn't I ?It soon taught me a lesson ! :13: :eyesroll:

Wife and I just like "stroking" it. Cat and dog like teasing it.
My kids grew up with it and know nothing else. IBM Gym is
mostly closed now because of the virus. Neighbors
are now used to it.

Time was, back some decades ago, I had hair down to
here as well, Back as a young "hippie" writing books for IBM.

Had a full beard 4 or 5 inches long. Shaved it off when Covid showed up since I figured if I was unlucky enough to catch it they would need to fit me with an oxygen mask at the hospital. Once they have a vaccine I may let it grow again.

A quick tale about beards ,my friends and I played in a local darts league . One Team we played was South Gosforth CIU club . It was one of the first establishments to offer microwaved food . The speciality was a bacon and fried egg sandwich . One of the guys in our team had a beard and bought one before we played , the lady behind the bar offered him a handful of paper napkins saying he might need them but foolishly he only took one .

The first bite proved why , as I am sure you know put an egg in the microwave on its own and it explodes, put it in a bun with bacon and you effectively have an egg grenade. First bite , it exploded into his beard egg everywhere, hence the offer of multiple napkins . Well we just howled lost the game 3-0 couldn't concentrate every time my mate went up to throw all you could see was the remnants of the egg in his beard despite him trying to clean it off . It took a few days before the last bits disappeared . He was of course given the nickname Eggy after that and we still call him that to this day.

As an aside here's a band famous for their beards

beards.jpg

A quick tale about beards ,my friends and I played in a local darts league . One Team we played was South Gosforth CIU club . It was one of the first establishments to offer microwaved food . The speciality was a bacon and fried egg sandwich . One of the guys in our team had a beard and bought one before we played , the lady behind the bar offered him a handful of paper napkins saying he might need them but foolishly he only took one .

The first bite proved why , as I am sure you know put an egg in the microwave on its own and it explodes, put it in a bun with bacon and you effectively have an egg grenade. First bite , it exploded into his beard egg everywhere, hence the offer of multiple napkins . Well we just howled lost the game 3-0 couldn't concentrate every time my mate went up to throw all you could see was the remnants of the egg in his beard despite him trying to clean it off . It took a few days before the last bits disappeared . He was of course given the nickname Eggy after that and we still call him that to this day.

As an aside here's a band famous for their beards

View attachment 3280
OO dat? Cud it be? I fink it is. THE BLUES BROTHERS?

The two with beards were offered $1,000,000 EACH some time ago to have theirs beards shaved off by Gillette but they refused !The third guy has the name of BEARD ! :08:
I'll grow another one and Gillette can shave that off for just a half million. :geek2:

Back