Book Competition...Win a Signed Copy of Alan JW Bells New Book

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
I did buy at the book launch a extra copy of Alan JW Bells new book and it is signed by Alan and Ken Kitson,there are 10 questions below which have been sent to me by Alan Bell and anyone getting all 10 correct answers will have just their user name sent to Alan to pick at random the winner,sorry there is only 1 book,the closing date for entries is the 30th November 2012 at Midnight, Then with luck we will have a winner and they should receive their book by Christmas,I will ask anyone who wants to enter to cover the postage cost,this can be done via Paypal or a Postal order,overseas entries will have to use paypal,the book is heavy so the cost for postage is

UK £3.50p
Europe £6.50p
Worldwide £11.80p

Please do not enter the competition if you are not happy to cover the postage cost,I will post Alan's answers after the competition has ended,please send your answers to quiz@summerwine.net,good luck

1. What daughter of a famous Hollywood comedy star appeared in a scene with Kathy Staff, and what was the title of the episode?

2. Eli, played by Danny O’Dea, was a very popular character. What was full name?

3. What did we discover was Eli’s part-time occupation?

4. What famous Yorkshire artist appeared as himself in an episode?

5. What was the full-time occupation of Gordon Wharmby before he joined the series to play Wesley?

6. Why was filming at the BBC’s Ealing Studios so sentimental for Thora Hird?

7. Ken Kitson and Danny O’Dea had worked previously for Alan JW Bell in what series ?

8. What episode introduced Norman Wisdom to the series?

9. What two actresses played two different characters in the series?

10. What famous comedy star made a cameo appearance playing a leading member of the Barnsley Extra-Terrestrial Society?

I respectably forfeit, Terry. It CERTAINLY is worth the postage, however, those are ten questions beyond my level of expertise. I will look forward to hearing the answers though.

I respectably forfeit, Terry. It CERTAINLY is worth the postage, however, those are ten questions beyond my level of expertise. I will look forward to hearing the answers though.

Don't give up Codfanglers, give it ago and if you get stuck message me and I'll give you some help :) Its a lot of fun and you may know more than you think.

I am stuck on one, but that doesn't mean that I have the answers right on the other nine

Just to clear things up,there is only 1 book to win,so I have asked Alan Bell to choose a winner from the winning entries, and as far as any conflicts in answers his decision will be fair but final

Just to clear things up,there is only 1 book to win,so I have asked Alan Bell to choose a winner from the winning entries, and as far as any conflicts in answers his decision will be fair but final

That sounds fair

I should have said number nine and not the last one, ::).silly me for not paying proper attention. ;D

Hector

Just sent my answers off ;D Good luck everyone.

Terry when quiz is won will you reveal the answers?

I am starting to get replies to the quiz, not many yet,so just to remind you all there is 10 days left to get your entries in,Terry

I am starting to get replies to the quiz, not many yet,so just to remind you all there is 10 days left to get your entries in,Terry

Can we find out if our own particular answers arrived with you? I don't expect to win, but it would be nice to be in with a chance after all of the research we did.