Car And Garter

manfromoswestry

Dedicated Member
A great episode for sure, not only for the introduction of Wesley Pegden to the series, but I also loved the intro where the trio go back and forth over how to get marmalade off a ferret. Only they could make something like that hilarious! Please post your thoughts on this episode.

Great one, I watch it the other day, " A man has to do what he has to do" great writing then Ivy goes mad because he's not cleaned the cooker.

Wesley is one of my favourits he's so funny and I love the bit were Nora takes Foggys banoculars from him.

I watched this one again just recently and it still makes me laugh.A few lines that come to mind are,"Damn it,me goggles are steaming up" and "never mind about air,gis a flash of yer garter". ;D..All wonderfully delivered by Bill Owen

I think Wesley was one of those characters that was very easy to like.

Hector.

Nora saying to Compo & Clegg,"how can you refuse him - it might be his last bit of pleasure." For a brief moment, Nora was wearing stockings that were not wrinkled while she put the garter on!

Car and Garter was an important episode. It was the only one to feature Sid and Wesley (though not together), and set the tone for many episodes based around Wesley, his cars and his shed.

Car and Garter was an important episode. It was the only one to feature Sid and Wesley (though not together), and set the tone for many episodes based around Wesley, his cars and his shed.

I hadn't realised that.Shame really,I think Sid and Wesley would have been good together

The site where the shed was is one of the places I would love to see.Wesley always made /makes me smile.There is just something about him that just says 'nice bloke'

I saw it last year on the bus tour, I was disapointed that they tore the shed down. It would have been lovely to see it. :(

;) Wesley is one of my favourites. Hector put it perfectly " he was one of the characters easy to like" :D

Going a little further to my last post.I always thought that characters like Sid,Wally,Wesley and Jack Harry Teesdale had a warmth and a very natural down to earth type of charm and charisma that the people/viewers or whatever felt instantly comfortable and at ease with.I would have classed it as a priviledge to have had all or anyone of them as a mate.
Roy Clarke also gets a lot of the credit for creating such great charcters.

Hector.

Hector, I think that's because we all know someone like these characters, I know a Jack Harry and a Wally.

Their true to life characters and we can associate with them. :)

In Car and Garter, I thought it was hilarious when Wesley tells Compo "given enough time, I'm sure a bloke could become quite un-attached to you." Then Compo almost rubs noses with him. haha!!

Back