Courtesy, certainly NOT in Cornwall!

gothic

Administrator
Staff member
Popped into our local Boots the chemist to collect my prescription this morning. Got there nice and early, about five minutes before they opened. I was second in the queue with about five or six people behind me. Now, I have trouble walking, have a stick and am particularly slow, especially on cold mornings.

Doors opened and we started to make our way into the shop. By the time I got to the dispensary each and every one of the miserable nasty ba*!&$£(ds behind me were now in front of me.

Where's the British courtesy gone!!

If you were like Foggy you might have "accidentally" tripped up a few of them queue cutters with your stick!

On a more serious note, sorry to hear about that.

Tony as Rick said,that's what the stick is for, just before the doors open pop the stick under your arm several times

It makes me angry, has said, use the stick. To quote an old man " They don't like it up um you know!"

A sad reflection of our society good manners, consideration and courtesy are rapidly becoming a thing of the past . It seems that people are all too anxious to show a lack of respect . Good manners and common courtesy are free but even those who are miserly think that is too high a cost to pay . Thankfully there are pockets of resistance to this attitude which are so refreshing when you experience it first hand .

Shame on those young things!! All of them were picking up prescriptions?? Don't they have a couple of seats so you can sit down? Doesn't mitigate the lack of courtesy but would give you some relief. Not to excuse their lack of courtesy, but did any of these young things appear to be dashing in on their way to work? If so, their one and only focus would have been not being late to work.

When I was working and riding the bus, I would stand in line for a few minutes and then go and sit down. No one ever minded when I popped back in line when the bus arrived. Also, if I ended up standing on the bus, someone always gave me a seat. Courtesy is not dead.

Were you using your stick like 'Foggy the Sniper' on the bikers?

I just had a good chuckle thinking of Foggy disguised as a bush standing in the middle of the road with the oncoming cyclists.

Glad you got more respect this time.

Strange as it may seem , I received more courtesy on a Sunday bikers meet in Matlock .The bikers moved over, stood aside and kept their mates aware of me coming through with my stick. :03:

From what I know of bikers not strange. They tend to be much more polite in my experience and very friendly to talk to in a pub I occasionally frequent in Keighley.

Gotta be careful here. At least in the US the "bikers" ride
motorcycles while the "cyclists" ride bicycles. And there
are several worlds of difference tween them.

Yep same here, Bikers, Cyclists & Bikies!

Cyclists are know by other names here too.....none of which are printable here!:p

Gotta be careful here. At least in the US the "bikers" ride
motorcycles while the "cyclists" ride bicycles. And there
are several worlds of difference tween them.

I use bikers in the American sense of the word Chuck. The bikers meet in Matlock Derbyshire on most fine Sundays in our English summer. :)

Back