Desktop Background Pictures

gothic

Administrator
Staff member
Sitting here a little bored I decided it was about time I changed the desktop background that I have been using for the past five years. Then I got to thinking, what do other people like to sit and look at as their desktop backgrounds?

Feel free to share yours. Here are my two. (my mac and my window$)
You can probably work out that I'm fond of our (UK) lake district.

Attachments

• DT-1 copy.jpg
    DT-1 copy.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 14
  • DT-2 copy.jpg
    DT-2 copy.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Sitting here a little bored I decided it was about time I changed the desktop background that I have been using for the past five years. Then I got to thinking, what do other people like to sit and look at as their desktop backgrounds?

You can probably work out that I'm fon of our (UK) lake district.
Was your last screensaver Terry in onesie?

You can probably work out that I'm fond of our (UK) lake district.
What a lovely picture! I can just picture standing on that bridge and tossing rocks into the water, watching the dragon flies fliting around, finding tadpoles swimming, and a hundred other things you can do on a bridge and in the stream.

My alternative desktop has a more LOTSW flavour. This is where I stayed when I visited Clegg & Co land, in 2017. This is/WAS the Durker Roods hotel in Meltham. Great place at the time. I believe it has now been totally abandoned, boarded up and vandalised.
View attachment 6637
I visited there when a friend and I were up to watch the filming, he left it late to get booked in locally and stayed here, it looked very nice and I wished I had not accepted Compo's offer of his spare room ;)

Here is my current one. Taken at an airshow in Duxford when I was there in '17

View attachment 6636
When I lived in Baldock I often visited Duxford, a telecoms company I worked for had a contract for a firm at Duxford who supplied aircraft for the movie industry, one day I was sent there to fix a fault and one of the aircraft was the Memphis Belle, they kindly took me onboard and I had a brief tour of the aircraft, back in those days we did not carry smart phones with us all time, so no photo record of my tour aboard

The real Memphis Belle ( B-17 bomber) is, I think, in the Smithsonian in the USA. This one is in fact called the "SALLY B" The nose art on the Port side shows this. It has the Memphis Belle nose art on the Starboard side for display purposes only.

Back