Edie's coffee morning china

kitfox1950

I have a question that I hope someone can answer. What kind of china did Edie use at her coffee mornings? Was it Royal Vale? Thanks very much!

It seemed to be mostly Royal Albert "Old Country Roses".My late wife was trying to collect a few pieces :)

I have an "Old Country Roses" teapot. Mind you, I don't like tea but I do love the whole idea of afternoon tea. One of many reasons why I like to watch British television - all those beautiful tea sets.

Bet Wesley did not get to use Edie,s best china a bucket was probably the best he could hope for.

I don't think that Edie's teapot looked nice on a newspaper. LOL. Wesley I am sure was a mug man, like me. My finger wouldn't fit in a teacup handle. LOL.... Edie's tea set must have been passed down to her by her Mother.

Edie gave Compo a plastic muc with a spout once to stop him putting tea in thesaucer I wonder why people did this tried it but did not like it.Did Glenda inherit Edies china?

I think maybe putting it in the saucer cooled it down quicker. Plus it was probably a life-long habit Compo couldn't break, he just did it without even thinking about it.

Back