Favourite ever scene?

There is a near identical topic in the "About the Series" category. It is impossible for me to pick one but I will at least write about a different one in this section.

I always laugh at Billy Hardcastle's singing performance in "Gnome and Away" when they are trying to hide the musical gnome from Pearl. Here Billy is.....supposed to be rough and rugged as a descendant of Robin Hood, put in the situation to do a singing and dance performance in front of the ladies. Trully and Clegg in the background just add to the humor.

For me it is the scene in a pub where Clegg is explaining to Seymour and Compo that a Yorkshireman could have discovered America. Closely followed by Clegg describing how Hitler was an Ovaltiny to Compo. Grumpy

)One scene that really makes me chucjle each time I see it is when Billy turns up in his Green suit at Cleggys in "Happy Birthday Robin Hood". Cleggs laugh when he sees it is infectious and then Truly says " we like it better in the Autumn when it turns brown" as he's walking back inside. I love that little interaction.
Billy was daft as a brush and the show lost a bit when he left in my view. He was a good addition to the cast.

For me its got the the scene in Dried dates and Codfanglers when Nora says to the Wally " We re not flaming Eskimos" I just completly crack up at Wally's face.

For me its got the the scene in Dried dates and Codfanglers when Nora says to the Wally " We re not flaming Eskimos" I just completly crack up at Wally's face.

Wally was a marvellous character and made an episode with an appearance. Most of my faves of all time feature him. Joe Gladwin played him splemdidly.

I aggree, I love " The Mysterios feet of Nora Batty" because Joe Gladwin is in that one quite alot.

And here minutes ago I was watching The Mysterious Feet. LMAO again! I think I most enjoy any episode that includes the Battys. Joe and Kathy were absolute magic together.

Still, I'd have to say that my favorite episode is the one I just watched - whichever it is. Roy did a fantastic job of making loveable characters doing funny things - made all the better because of their ages, imho. Here in the US the focus is on youth and beauty - glam - which like Cleggy, I lost interest in during the honeymoon!

Cheers everyone!

Welcome aboard Grandma. We need some older mature people here. The rest of us are not of legal age yet... LOL

Back