Food Question

Bora Natty

Dedicated Member
Reaction score
I was watching LOTSW this morning and behind Ivy, was a sign for Treacle Tarts. Now, I know I could Google it, but since I have you lot, I knew I'd get a good answer. What is a Treacle Tart?

Treacle Tarts were mentioned by a character in a episode but I can't remember who said it.

Could it be something like Shoo Fly Pie where the filling is basically molasses and baking soda with a crumb topping?

Its derived from uncrystellised sugar that forms when sugar is in the making process. Basically liquid sugar that's very very sticky and very very sweet.
So not the same as molasses? According to All Recipes, "Molasses is a thick, dark syrup and a by-product from processing sugar beets or sugar cane. When sugar is produced, the sugar cane or sugar beets are first crushed and their juice is extracted. Then that juice is boiled down until it forms sugar crystals, which are extracted as sugar. The remaining liquid is molasses."

Whoo, it sounds sweet, but I'd give it a go. I can see where a custard would be good with it, knock it down a bit. What is marmite? Ta!

Whoo, it sounds sweet, but I'd give it a go. I can see where a custard would be good with it, knock it down a bit. What is marmite? Ta!
Marmite is evil in a jar!
It's made crushed up demons roasted in beef fat and pounded into inedible mush!
Marmite is something you either love or hate theres no inbetween with marmite, I'm sure you can guess which side of the argument I'm on.
People that like will tell you its beef extract and nice on toast but I find people like to be evil too and have absolutely no taste buds.

Back
Top Bottom