Forum Software update news

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
Just to remind you all it is this Friday 1st August that the forum software is updated,I cannot give you a specific time but as Tony is normally about before the birds wake up,before most the members in the UK even think of dipping a toe in their slippers you will switch on your computers to find it done, our friend overseas might see the site go down and a temporary page while it is being done,as Tony has done many test updates to spare servers the whole job should be completed in less than 90 minutes.

Tony has been very hard at work in the Cornish I.T dept fine tuning everything and I shall make the effort to get a day pass to the institute where they believe they can cure him of forumupgradeitius

Just one thing to add, it is because quite a few people have been having trouble while adding smilies to the existing shoutbox we have decided to buy and install a commercial one that we have tested fully and think it will overcome all the old problems. It may look slightly different to our existing one, but hopefully not too alien.

Just one thing to add, it is because quite a few people have been having trouble while adding smilies to the existing shoutbox we have decided to buy and install a commercial one that we have tested fully and think it will overcome all the old problems. It may look slightly different to our existing one, but hopefully not too alien.

OMG Tony is now seeing Alien's

Not worried about aliens - if smiley freedom comes - what more do we want?

I'll even vote for Kernow Independence!!:respect::respect::respect:

:37: :37: :37:

:dance: :dance: :dance:

Been to see Tony,but it is a high walled institution and you have to take your own ladders to get in :41:

Been to see Tony,but it is a high walled institution and you have to take your own ladders to get in :41:

Maybe one of his alien friends will give him a lift in the spaceship! :pc::38:

Last edited:
This time tomorrow you should be seeing the new look forum, don't forget there are new themes and you can select them just like before

This time tomorrow you should be seeing the new look forum, don't forget there are new themes and you can select them just like before

After we've been fiddled with in our sleep will we need to rest our themes?

Tony has done a wonderful job,we hope you enjoy the new look and gadgets,any questions for Tony can be answered by visiting Stonehenge at Midnight this weekend,Tony is the one in the Druids attire and holding a Laptop

Just to say that the tweaks I have noticed - like the quick reply bit which seems to have gone, and others - are all very helpful.

Well done Tony and Terry. I had a bit of a hiccough or to getting through but I like the way this works.

If only my typing was as good - at least I can see the red underline when I miscue the fingers on the keys! The shoutbox bit is better than before - so whoopee :29: :32: :42: :smile: :biggrin: :32: :42: :smile: :42: :biggrin:

I hate being the first nit-picker, but why can I no longer stay logged in? It's a nuisance having to log in every time I return to the computer after having been away for a few hours.

Marianna

You certainly shouldn't need to log in every time, I don't think anybody else has suffered from this?
All I can suggest is to clear your cookies, then log in afresh. Oh and make sure you have ticked the tiny box underneath where you enter your username and password.

I hate being the first nit-picker, but why can I no longer stay logged in? It's a nuisance having to log in every time I return to the computer after having been away for a few hours.

Marianna

It is one of those security default settings,I will see if we can tweak or disable it,Terry

Log out timeout

It appears the new software has a new feature that it will log you out if you have not been active on the site for 45 minutes,Tony has extended this to it's maximum of 2 hrs, at this time it seems there is nothing we can do about this unless at some point they disable this feature in a future patch.

It appears the new software has a new feature that it will log you out if you have not been active on the site for 45 minutes,Tony has extended this to it's maximum of 2 hrs, at this time it seems there is nothing we can do about this unless at some point they disable this feature in a future patch.

Why is it only happening to a few people and not all? Mines fine. (Touch wood) :)

Back