Frank Thornton RIP

God rest his soul.
Bless you for all you have done for British TV and stage. Sleep well Truly.

Yes, sad loss. Why do I feel it apt that on today's GOLD broadcast episode both Sid and Wally got an affectionate mention?

such terrible news, a great actor and a likeable character from the show, RIP Frank, gone but will never be forgotton by us summer wine fans

Sad to see another one go but at 92, I hope I can go that long. He left us with some fantastic comedy moments over the years. RIP

Just heard of this - quite sad. RIP

All the way from a blood donor alongside Tony Hancock to Captain Peacock and then Truly of the Yard.

A whole series of classic performances.

Just heard this in the in the States while listening to BBC2 Radio on the internet.

It was over 30 years ago that I started watching Are You Being Served, and that is when I caught my fascination with British Comedy.

Thank you Frank for decades of laughter.

Now I had a few moments to reflect on Truly' passing.

I really love so many of the Summer Wine cast (the characters and I also feel a place in my heart for the actual actors. I love the likes of Compo, Foggy, Billy Entwhistle, Seymour, Smiler, Nora, Ivy, etc.

However, the pic by my name says it best. My absolute two favorites are Sallis and Thornton.

Thank you Truly for all the great moments.

Just saw this in the news. :(It's wonderful he was around for so long, giving us many laughs and much joy. Between "Are You Being Served?" And LOTSW, he's left a legacy of true comic gold.

Will miss you very much, dear Mr. Frank "Peacock" "Truly" Thornton...

and no, I'm not lying. :'(

I have been to Bingley today to attend a funeral for a old friend,I was shocked to hear the news as I was leaving the cemetery,I decided to pay homage to Frank by calling into Sid's cafe and having a cup of tea and a sticky bun,well it was a sausage roll as they did not have sticky buns, it was nice to sit in the cafe and reflect on Frank's contribution to our enjoyment while it gently snowed.

The two ladies serving were aware of the news but I was surprised how little they knew about the show's characters, I did hear the Cafe has been approached regarding some sort of spin off which may start later this year,have to wait and see I suppose

Back