Getting Oil Stains out of Overalls

Adanor

Dedicated Member
Reaction score
Here is a great recipe for getting oil stains out of overalls -- something that Edie could have used to clean Wesley's overalls. First spray with WD-40 (an all purpose industrial cleaner), sprinkle with baking soda (Sodium bicarbonate) and scrub in with an old toothbrush, and then scrub in dish detergent.

.......... or leave them as they are aka Wesley or simply buy new . It would take forever to clean the oil out of Wesley's with a toothbrush .

Thanks on the tip there Adanor.

Good to see another LotSW fan in the area. Looks like we are not too far apart, you in northern VA and me in northern NC.

I can just imagine an episode of Wesley and Seymour in an attempt to help out Edie by creating an over powered scrubbing machine to wisk away oil stains from clothes. Wonder who they would tempt into trying it out first? Barry with an ink stained shirt pocket. Compo with an oil stain from mending Clegg's bicycle chain. Grass stains from Howard or Marina. Many possibilities ending with out of control soap suds and a torn garment. :biggrin:

Cheers,
Rick

Hi Chuck,

I lived in western Raleigh for some years, then moved to NE Durham for a few years. Enjoyed living in both of them. About a year ago I moved up to the Lake Gaston area. I try to head back and visit both from time to time. Shame I did not know about you while I was living in Durham. Maybe we can meet up for a pint sometime and talk about LotSW. Really like the growing brew pub trend of the area. As well as some great food trucks. I ran with Fullsteam Brewery run club every weds for a few years, great fun!

Glad you spoke up, I noticed in an older thread that you offered to help someone on a copy of a Tale of Two Sweaters. Was going to contact you after I had been here a little longer if such an offer could still be good for me. I have nearly every episode (that I know of) except for a few specials - It's Not November (season 6), I was a Hitman for Primrose Dairies (season 30), A Tale of Two Sweaters (season 27), 25 Years of LotSW (season 18 ) - Think I rented from Netflix long ago.. maybe they still have. Anyway, I did not want to appear as a rude new guy asking for copies if it was frowned upon. Sorry if this is off topic and is frowned on as well. These forums seem much nicer than others that jump at the chance to chew someone out for any infraction. Maybe I should have sent this as private message instead...

I thought I had in settings that it would show my location to forum members. Is that not coming through?

Cheers,
Rick

edited typos

Last edited:
We could start a North Carolina LOTSW fan club...if we weren't so far apart. I'm in Western NC, near Asheville. I don't post very often here, but I check the forum at least a couple times a week. Interesting that there are at least 3 NC folks on here.

Hi Marc, good to see another LotSW fan in the same state. Shame we all live as far apart as we do.

Cheers,
Rick

Hi Chuck,

Anyway, I did not want to appear as a rude new guy asking for copies if it was frowned upon. Sorry if this is off topic and is frowned on as well. These forums seem much nicer than others that jump at the chance to chew someone out for any infraction. Maybe I should have sent this as private message instead...

I thought I had in settings that it would show my location to forum members. Is that not coming through?

Cheers,
Rick

edited typos

If we shouted at or kicked off everyone that went off topic, trust me, there would be no one left, including me. :)

Thank you for the kind words Pearl. Makes me know I did the right thing in joining this forum.

Cheers,
Rick

Back
Top Bottom