Greatest ever Clegg line

From Crums

"I'm not running round town chasing Father Christmas dressed as Father Christmas people will think Walt Disney is in town" I think the line is like that. :)

Cleggy has a couple of lines that are not hilarious on the surface -- BUT if you know the backstory, they are real screamers.

In one of the Christmas shows, he says something like (very broad paraphrase), "... it's not like I'm trying to play Dracula."

And then in the show (with Foggy) where there is a man who smells smoke and thinks that there is a fire, Cleggy says with a sardonic glint, "it's not like I'm trying to be in a horror film."

Well, the back story is Mr. Sallis actually appeared in a horror film.

Cleggy has a couple of lines that are not hilarious on the surface -- BUT if you know the backstory, they are real screamers.

In one of the Christmas shows, he says something like (very broad paraphrase), "... it's not like I'm trying to play Dracula."

And then in the show (with Foggy) where there is a man who smells smoke and thinks that there is a fire, Cleggy says with a sardonic glint, "it's not like I'm trying to be in a horror film."

Well, the back story is Mr. Sallis actually appeared in a horror film.

Well spotted. Was that one of the ones that stared Ralph Bates?

"Threw dates at you did she? It's lucky for you she wasn't baking a coconut cake."

Compo "She's game that Marina,I wonder what sign she were born under"
Clegg "Well it wasn't No Trespassing that's for sure"

White Man's Grave
Compo:eek:n Nora:I've got my name down for her
Foggy:She's not a council house
Clegg:Well the shape's not dissimilar

Funny line,but seems more like a line from the Clegg of series 1 and 2 rather than 7

Back