Greatest Scene From the Cafe

codfanglers

Dedicated Member
Instead of adding to the Sid's Cafe thread in General Discussion I thought I would change the direction with a new topic. What is your favorite or most momorable scene from the Cafe.

I was going to call it "Sid's Cafe", but then again, through most years, it was just Ivy running it.

I believe this is a good topic since the Cafe was like Clegg, a part of Summer Wine from the very beginning to the very end.

Can someone help me figure out which episode my favorite scene took place. It was when all three guys had extreme hangovers from the previous night's funeral tea. Foggy and Compo manage into the Cafe. However, it wasn't until Ivy's comment that they discovered Clegg wasn't there. Foggy had to double check by removing his glasses. It was a classic.

i liked it when it was redecorated in "A Bicycle Made for Three", how pleased ivy was and then wallop the dirty trio walk in, also how bossy she was to sid and wally, very funny scene and later in the episode when compos back is locked and how ivy reacts when clegg says he touch the new paintwork, very funny i think

Instead of adding to the Sid's Cafe thread in General Discussion I thought I would change the direction with a new topic. What is your favorite or most momorable scene from the Cafe.

I was going to call it "Sid's Cafe", but then again, through most years, it was just Ivy running it.

I believe this is a good topic since the Cafe was like Clegg, a part of Summer Wine from the very beginning to the very end.

Can someone help me figure out which episode my favorite scene took place. It was when all three guys had extreme hangovers from the previous night's funeral tea. Foggy and Compo manage into the Cafe. However, it wasn't until Ivy's comment that they discovered Clegg wasn't there. Foggy had to double check by removing his glasses. It was a classic.
:D I think the one you are looking for is "The Black Widow " Mrs Jack Attercliffe kidnaps Cleggy after Ernie Mordews funeral tea because the boys had been drinking too much home brew. :D

When the two workmen walk in and see Nora walking on Compo's back in Tarzan of the Towpath :)

The workman goes in to fill his flask and sees Sid getting a hard time ""Yours?? Wouldn't it be easier to cut your throat ??"" ;)

:D I think the one you are looking for is "The Black Widow " Mrs Jack Attercliffe kidnaps Cleggy after Ernie Mordews funeral tea because the boys had been drinking too much home brew. :D

That's the one! Thanks Dick. And now I got the name Ernie Mordew, which I always wondered what the spelling was.

what about in "The Waist Land" when Foggy reads the shopping list to Sid and he just stares at Foggy with a look of "why do you want all this stuff", makes me smile every time.

Foggy and Compo with their customer in who's looking after the café then was a classic moment as well. :D

yeah thats a great scene, especially with compo wearing ivys jacket and his two "thin" slices of bread and butter with a thumbprint.

One of my favourite scenes in the cafe was in 'Are you feeling ejected then', where Compo laughs hysterically after Ivy tells Seymour he can't bring the ejector seat into the cafe. There were a few great lines in and around the cafe area in that episode!

four for me
from the Blamire era,the pie-eating contest
Foggy trying to remove Crusher's splinter
Ivy throwing the trio out not realising Wally is behind her
The trio smiling at Ivy showing their black teeth

Also the scene where Tom's cuckoo clock made Ivy jump

"Mending Stuart's Leg", when they're all on their hands and knees listening to the anomaly in Stuart's leg, totally unaware that ivy is standing at the end of the line.

"And A Dewhurst Up A Fir Tree", where Ivy and Nora trick Compo into following them into the cafe kitchen, only to steal his pants.

"Spring Fever", where Compo date sits down to a plate of mushy peas while he wonders how he's going to entertain her for the rest of the day.

When Sid was mending the microwave ,and Nora pushes Wally in ,and says Well find me a table it goes on from there classic LOTSW.

I don't thinkj there is one - they're all great.

Love - Clegg tricking C, F & S out of their £1s, very cleverly done
Mending Stuarts Leg - 'Listen, I'm not going to stand here clicking for you lot all day!'
Crusher crushing the table - 'Milburn! Get your neck away from those people!'

Back