Happy Birthday Alan JW Bell

Happy Birthday Alan and thanks for a brilliant book just released. Many more to come (birthdays and books I hope)

Happy Birthday Alan and thanks for a brilliant book just released. Many more to come (birthdays and books I hope)

Heartily concur. He shares a birthday with our son (who is 37 years younger), a dear friend of mine and Prince Charles. A statement in Chapter 1 of the book caught my eye. "A passion for filming that began when I was still at school and had made amateur movies with a friend along the Fife coast in Scotland". That must have been the early fifties. Interesting and makes me wonder where he was living at the time. I note he was born in Battersea. That Fife coast is one I know intimately though it was over twenty years later that I started frequenting it. Alan would have been lucky in that in his time that coast had a railway with a good service including, particularly on a Saturday, expresses from Glasgow, "The Fife Coast Express". And, of course, haulage was by steam!

Mr Bells birthday, but he gave us the present! Great book, happy birthday Mr Bell.

I'm chimimg in with all the other winos.......Happy Birthday, Mr. Bell!!!

I didn't realise he was as old as that, which somehow makes a LOTSW comeback even more unlikely.

Time flies.

I didn't realise he was as old as that, which somehow makes a LOTSW comeback even more unlikely.

Time flies.

Talking to him a couple of weeks back,he would be there like a shot given the chance

Back
Top Bottom