Happy Birthday Alan JW Bell

Happy Birthday Alan and thanks for a brilliant book just released. Many more to come (birthdays and books I hope)

Happy Birthday Alan and thanks for a brilliant book just released. Many more to come (birthdays and books I hope)

Heartily concur. He shares a birthday with our son (who is 37 years younger), a dear friend of mine and Prince Charles. A statement in Chapter 1 of the book caught my eye. "A passion for filming that began when I was still at school and had made amateur movies with a friend along the Fife coast in Scotland". That must have been the early fifties. Interesting and makes me wonder where he was living at the time. I note he was born in Battersea. That Fife coast is one I know intimately though it was over twenty years later that I started frequenting it. Alan would have been lucky in that in his time that coast had a railway with a good service including, particularly on a Saturday, expresses from Glasgow, "The Fife Coast Express". And, of course, haulage was by steam!

Mr Bells birthday, but he gave us the present! Great book, happy birthday Mr Bell.

I didn't realise he was as old as that, which somehow makes a LOTSW comeback even more unlikely.

Time flies.

Back