Happy Birthday Cornishman

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
Have a great day Tony and thanks for all your help in 2015 especially when the Frugal valve crashed

Terry

A very Happy Birthday to you Tony have a great day. Thank you so much for all you do to keep Summerwine.net up and running X

Happy Birthday Tony

- hope you are having a good day

We shall try not to crash the site ....

Thank you all so much for all your kind words.

Not sure if Terry has mentioned, but I'm in the middle of a house move (down-sizing).
The actual move day is Tuesday 5th but my stress levels are starting to peak now. I really REALLY do not want to do this :(

p.s. Only moving a couple of hundred metres up the road, so same area but not so much view.

Hi Tony hope your house move goes well and the stress level starts to lower. Take care.X

Last edited by a moderator:

Not sure if Terry has mentioned, but I'm in the middle of a house move (down-sizing).
The actual move day is Tuesday 5th but my stress levels are starting to peak now. I really REALLY do not want to do this :(

p.s. Only moving a couple of hundred metres up the road, so same area but not so much view.

I had my house renovated last year so moved from what is a three bedroom house to a two bedroom flat albeit on Newcastle's Quayside. The stress of the move was offset by 6 months basically on the River, with a balcony I could sit and eat Breakfast looking at all the river's activities and the iconic Bridges and buildings . I treat it not only as a bit of the break from the norm but a fantastic opportunity to get rid of all of the things you really don't require or use and either skip or give to the various charities. It sounds although it is not a break from the norm but you will have the opportunity for a clearout and perhaps contribute some good by donating things to charity .

As a little anecdote I left [because no one would take surprisingly despite my attempts to dispose of] a 6ft snooker table with cues and balls, a dartboard, a set of drums and a set of weights . The builder I hired and who remains friend probably let his lads find the first week playing snooker and darts before starting . He loved the job because having experienced 40 years in business with people interfering in what you were doing I told him to just let me know when it was finished. I never bothered him during the refurbishment , we only met a couple of times, away from the house to choose the kitchen and flooring . We keep in touch still, I had hinted that at some point I was thinking of going to live abroad. Every time he is working out in the rain , wind etc he texts me asking when I'm going and make sure I buy somewhere that needs building work!

Trust all goes well with the move: whether 100 metres or 100 miles still has to be packed, unpacked, put in place. Chaos and disruption potential. And of course a new ISP if you're not careful with al the hassle that miht bring.

You know we will all be with you in our thoughts Tony and I am sure if we all lived a little closer we would do our best to help you enjoy a cup of tea in your new home

So, one wonders, WHY??? Why move??
If you really must know my good friend and late landlord of my current property passed away a year ago, this property has been in probate since, and with the threat of enforced eviction I thought I'd solve the problem myself!

Hi Tony. I do hope your house move has gone well and you are not stressed . I hope you will be very happy in your new home. Take care. X

Hi Tony. I do hope your house move has gone well and you are not stressed . I hope you will be very happy in your new home. Take care. X
Many thanks for the kind words. The move went fairly smoothly, though my body feels like it only wants to curl up and hibernate for a couple of months.
Now comes the unpacking..... another couple of months ...:39::02: