Hello and thank you so much

Norm

Dedicated Member
Hello Folks I hardly dare say hello after such a long time, to be honest I felt too ashamed to re-connect until today when to my joy I received your birthday wishes from the Administrator and it spurred me on to thank you so much it really cheered me up as I don't get cards and stuff and had quite forgotten what day it was.
So thank you again and if you will have me will be back on later today, when I have got back from getting cat food for a Minka who has decided she doesn't like her current brand any more and is threatening to find another servant.:17::me:

Hello Norm , did you get the cat food?? It's been said before, you never "own" a cat. they just decide to live with you!:42:

Hello Norm , did you get the cat food?? It's been said before, you never "own" a cat. they just decide to live with you!:42:

Thanks for the welcome back everyone :-am now back home with yet more expensive cat food for me feline "Lady of the House" !! who after sniffing latest offering with deep suspicion convinced it was poison has eaten the lot and having washed every reachable bit of herself is now gazing out of the window totally ignoring me as usual :16:
A bit of news about self :- have just finished playing a small part in a film which was great fun and am awaiting the outcome of an audition for a part in a play for fringe theatre in london I'm not very confident but you never know !!

Hello Norm,

I hope you have been well. I asked a question from your previous thread,, but I don't believe you caught it.

Regarding your acting experience......

Obviously we are all generally very high on the overall Summer Wine cast, but is there any one or two Summer Wine actors that you are particularly impressed with in playing theor roles?

What are your next plans?

Well, come to think of it.....all these posts are from the 20th, but I will keep my fingers crossed and hope you catch this.

Norm !!!

Sorry, always wanted to do that. If you are familiar with a TV show that was popular here in the States called 'Cheers' it would make more sense. The show has a character by the name of Norman that whenever he walked into the local pub all the regulars shouted out his name to greet him.

A late Happy Birthday to you and welcome back to the forums.

That is great about your part in a film. Please forgive my ignorance but what is meant by 'fringe theater' ? The examples I'm thinking might be early Monty Python stage skits type things. Or something like Spymonkey's Cooped. I only know of Spymonkey because of Petra Massey who is also in the Brit-Com Hyperdrive. What I am un-artfully trying to ask is it more small, independent artists and directors versus a type of genre, scene or avant garde - ish?

We had a cat and several dogs while I was growing up and my Dad used to always say about the ones that might have gotten picky about their food on occasion... "When they get hungry enough, they will eat it." Tough love I suppose it is called nowadays. I can see not wanting to buy 3 different types of dog food for 3 different dogs. Then having to get something new because one got picky. If another dog walked over to the picky one's bowl of food, the picky one ate it up quick enough.

Cheers,
Rick

Thanks for the welcome back everyone :-am now back home with yet more expensive cat food for me feline "Lady of the House" !! who after sniffing latest offering with deep suspicion convinced it was poison has eaten the lot and having washed every reachable bit of herself is now gazing out of the window totally ignoring me as usual :16:
A bit of news about self :- have just finished playing a small part in a film which was great fun and am awaiting the outcome of an audition for a part in a play for fringe theatre in london I'm not very confident but you never know !!

I, too, just this morning had a deep conversation with the cat about his boycott of the food that he previously liked. Fortunately Fabulous Feast kibble (or whatever it is) always does in a pinch. But then the other cat who's on special food likes to dip into it. He knows he's not supposed to eat it so he eats in a sneaky fashion with one eye peeled for the phantom food lifter (me).

It is always good to welcome peope, whether new or returning.

A lot of us do not always get here as often as wew wish - so do not worry about gaps. Just good to see people enjoying themselves.

Hello Norm,

I hope you have been well. I asked a question from your previous thread,, but I don't believe you caught it.

Regarding your acting experience......

Obviously we are all generally very high on the overall Summer Wine cast, but is there any one or two Summer Wine actors that you are particularly impressed with in playing theor roles?

What are your next plans?

Well, come to think of it.....all these posts are from the 20th, but I will keep my fingers crossed and hope you catch this.

My hero is Peter Sallis, I think the way he played Clegg was brilliant especially in the early years when Clegg was more forceful.
He had a wonderful sense of timing, and a way of delivering the lines which I find so funny, sometimes just a raised eyebrow is all he did and I am helpless.:) Bill Owen of course played Compo wonderfully but I am less keen on the slapstick way he often used if that is the right description than Peter's more suttle aproach.

I will have to continue later as I am dashing off to an audition to do with Cancer Day so will continue when I get back. Thanks so much for your interest.:):):):)

My hero is Peter Sallis, I think the way he played Clegg was brilliant especially in the early years when Clegg was more forceful.
He had a wonderful sense of timing, and a way of delivering the lines which I find so funny, sometimes just a raised eyebrow is all he did and I am helpless.:) Bill Owen of course played Compo wonderfully but I am less keen on the slapstick way he often used if that is the right description than Peter's more suttle aproach.

I will have to continue later as I am dashing off to an audition to do with Cancer Day so will continue when I get back. Thanks so much for your interest.:):):):)

Thanks for the answer Norm,

Timing and delivery are things someone as myself, don't consider.

I had a brief, unsuccessful acting career in high school. I only joined the drama club for the girls. I was a lifeless stiff and I didn't last long!