Hello there

fizzbomb

Hello everyone, just joined.......with a slight ulterior motive...My late parents were both avid LOSW aficionados, gaining innumerable hours of pleasure from each and every moment they watched. They would be doubled up to see that I, being passed my demi-centenary am on here now! I too can now appreciate what was previously "their domain"
I am in the process of sorting through their things and have in my possession a set of VHS tapes which my Dad recorded the programmes on(along with the odd errant Cadfeal and Dad's Army) over the years.I wondered whether anyone would like them?No idea of the quality, but he was meticulous about titling them.I don't want anything for them(maybe just P&P if they go far) Pleas ej ust let me know if they'd be of use to anyone.
Bfn :01:

A very warm welcome Fizzbomb. I hope you find your visits here both fun and educational (under the circumstances.)

That's a really nice gesture offering those tapes, and I'm sure somebody here would find them of use.

Welcome aboard,I am told that the original BBC showings can differ from the later DVD releases and the DVD version have some editing

Hello Fizzbomb welcome to the forum and thank you for a magnanimous gesture. I do hope that someone takes up you very kind offer and your Father's collection goes to a deserving person who would appreciate them . I like a lot of members have a collection of either DVD's or recordings so effectively at any time we can relax by watching any given episode . I hope that your remain an active member and look forward to your contributions to the threads.

Last edited:
:01:morning everyone:) I posted my tape info on the attic forum so hope that was the right place.
I just wanted to reiterate what a positive,wonderful energy these marvellous episodes have.My mum spent many years trapped in a non functioning body post CVA, but retained her mind and sense of humour.Watching LOSW helped take her away from the stresses of her everyday life to a freedom where she laughed no end....involving me and other carers too.So big thanks to all the LOSW teams involved in their creation.Their worth is immeasurable in terms of joy and happiness.:40:

Back