Holmfirth traffic on webcam

happyjack

Dedicated Member
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed on the Holmfirth u-stream webcam the large number of cars etc that drive with their headlights on even in what seems to be good visibility? I am not saying this is a bad thing it is just an observation.

Has anyone noticed on the Holmfirth u-stream webcam the large number of cars etc that drive with their headlights on even in what seems to be good visibility? I am not saying this is a bad thing it is just an observation.

I've noticed that Happyjack and also that corner that we can see can be a bit hairy to cross the road at times :22:

Don't some vehicles have daytime running lights that come on automatically when the vehicle is started? A safety feature I believe.

Yes Dick there was a van parked on that bend a couple of weeks ago. One or two near misses. Good entertainment for a little while.

Don't some vehicles have daytime running lights that come on automatically when the vehicle is started? A safety feature I believe.

I think Volkswagens do.... Or it could be Aldis!!

Yes Dick there was a van parked on that bend a couple of weeks ago. One or two near misses. Good entertainment for a little while.

Yes I spotted the van parked there one day and what struggles to get around it but a police car,what did they do,you guessed a Cooper & Walsh nothing,just drove off into the sunset

Yes many cars these days have LED daytime running lights,on all the time,my newish VW golf has them

Yes I spotted the van parked there one day and what struggles to get around it but a police car,what did they do,you guessed a Cooper & Walsh nothing,just drove off into the sunset

Something to do with the paper work I guess.

In one of the Inspector Morse novels, there was a line about "turning on his side lights." I don't know whether this was a Jag thing, a feature included on old cars, or a standard British feature on all cars.

I may get put right on this Adanor but the older cars like Morse jaguar had a separate switch on the dashboard or steering column to turn on a small set of lights . These lights tended to be used when it was a dull day or just beginning to get twilight. This saved having headlights on too soon. It was all changed when the authorities realised people were keeping them on too long instead of using headlights and one or two accidents occurred. :confused:

Well all the older cars had sidelights at least in the UK,often just a wee bulb placed in a lamp on the front wings,then it seems they made them part of the headlamps,maybe to remove these small sharp object lamps from wings so as not to cause extra injury to anybody hit by the car,not sure when but at some point wing mirrors vanished and it was all door mirrors

Back
Top Bottom