How about this to get away from things....

Barrychuckle

Administrator
Staff member
Saw this in the news today, an ultra remote house for sale in the Yorkshire Dales although not Summerwine country you could certainly have lots of adventures. Is the idea of such isolation your idea of heaven or hell??

Last edited:
I would love that although it may get a bit much in the dark Winter months. It is lovely around there though, great roads for a run out. We usually stay up there and end up at a festival over in Masham but as I was hospitalised we couldn’t do it last year. Hopefully this year again.

I would love the isolation and the surrounding countryside, but I wouldn't want to be too far from a pub or a tiny town. A thirty-minute walk to some of those places would be ideal.

I would love the isolation and the surrounding countryside, but I wouldn't want to be too far from a pub or a tiny town. A thirty-minute walk to some of those places would be ideal.
I was wondering if they're private roads for 1 1/2 miles to your house, would you get done for drink driving if you drove to the pub but didn't venture onto public roads?????

That said if Cooper & Walsh were on patrol it wouldn't matter either way as they wouldn't 'want to deal with all the paperwork'

I was wondering if they're private roads for 1 1/2 miles to your house, would you get done for drink driving if you drove to the pub but didn't venture onto public roads?????

That said if Cooper & Walsh were on patrol it wouldn't matter either way as they wouldn't 'want to deal with all the paperwork'
I am not much of a drinker, but would go for the fellowship, and an occasional meal. I might have one beer and just soda afterward!

You can be done for drink driving if you're caught driving on any land that has public access, it doesn't have to be a road, it could be a footpath or bridleway or even a pub car park.

You can be done for drink driving if you're caught driving on any land that has public access, it doesn't have to be a road, it could be a footpath or bridleway or even a pub car park.
Yes it is a very grey area of what is public and what is private, a car park can be private but has public access for parking, so you can be nicked

Yes it is a very grey area of what is public and what is private, a car park can be private but has public access for parking, so you can be nicked
Loads of drink drivers are caught in pub car parks, often from tip offs. You can even done if you're in a vehicle with the keys even if you the engine isn't running.

Back