How can we??

dick

LOTSW Fanatic
How can we justify adverts on telly where kids snatch whatever "mum" is offering with no please or thanks.. Then they stuff their mouths with what ever and its all smiles. Manners will go out the window if the kids watching think that's normal.
Especially if the t v follows up with an advert for starving kids in Africa! Don't the programmers think before hand or is it all profit ridden? :39::cautious:

If you carefully watch the tv adverts (commercials) and edit out the item being sold, you will notice a very carefully crafted anti-family and anti-moral skit. Showing kids stuffing their faces and not being admonished by the mother for their bad manners is done on purpose. Why? To teach children that they are in charge. Is that right to teach children this lesson? Not on your life. Through the power of TV, children are gradually being wrongly influenced.

I am so pleased that not having TV any more means that I don't get to watch this, it would make my blood boil, years ago it was often said that some of the adverts were more entertaining than the show, not these days and how can these charities spend all that money on constant TV ad's

Now that's interesting Terry, as we here in the US are downloading and watching
UK TV shows all the time ... but the adverts have been removed. So we can watch
the shows without the adverts. As examples, we are always watching Father Brown,
Heartbeat, Miss Fisher, The Durrells, Boomers, Doctor Blake, Death in
Paradise, Home Fires, New Tricks, and Shetland (among others) with
no commercials at all. We download them as torrents from places like
ThePiratesBay.

Tend to watch stuff on DVD thus avoid adverts,

But last week-end at my Mother's place where there is no internet and saw sveral adverts. Half of them I am still unsure what they were selling so not really worked very well!!

First we had "have you been injured in an accident at work" , then " have you been mis-sold PPI " next we will be seeing firms and adverts spring up asking " Were you let down by the Charm school , have no manners because they did not complete your course ? Contact Politeness4U if you think you have a claim" ;)

First we had "have you been injured in an accident at work" , then " have you been mis-sold PPI " next we will be seeing firms and adverts spring up asking " Were you let down by the Charm school , have no manners because they did not complete your course ? Contact Politeness4U if you think you have a claim" ;)

I'm just waiting for the advert...................." Did your child leave school only able to write in text speak?.... Our dedicated team of solicitors will sue the school for you!" " We care..... So you don't have to."

On of the snags with modern adverts especially for the fiancial products is that there are things they have to say which are rushed through so I have absolutely no idea what they said.Slightly annoying.

Another thing I have noticed is the habit of children on being asked to give themselves a mark out of ten answer "one hundred" or "million" - no sense of an absolute here thus not surpri sing that manners and other standards will go as boundaries can not be followed. If I had to mark out of ten I might give eight or possibly nine, but never ten let alone other higher numbers!

On of the snags with modern adverts especially for the fiancial products is that there are things they have to say which are rushed through so I have absolutely no idea what they said.Slightly annoying.
I, too, have watched some and have had NO IDEA what it was that's being advertised. Especially those one's where one group of super heroes are fighting another group of super heroes. No idea of why this commercial (advert) was done.

Back to the Money supermarket advert (Which I dislike intensely!) Can anyone explain why the guy that was in it first ,waggling his rear end, is now competing on screen with the construction guy who rode the wrecking ball??
What is the point??:20::thumbsdown:

Totally agree Dick a revolting advert. I certainly would not use Money Supermarkets based on that ad alone.:thumbsdown:

Back to the Money supermarket advert (Which I dislike intensely!) Can anyone explain why the guy that was in it first ,waggling his rear end, is now competing on screen with the construction guy who rode the wrecking ball??
What is the point??:20::thumbsdown:

I think this and many other adverts are aimed at young people,they will watch and believe any old rubbish,well not all of them,but many do

Back