Howard and Clegg

amos hames

Dedicated Member
Howard was always stitching up Clegg with his excuses to see marina or to escape pearl. How many can you remember.

Passing the Earring springs to mind, also The Incredible Ordeal of Norman Clegg (the extra picnic accessory that Cleggy gets lumbered with!) ;) :D

Just watched WHITE SWEATER etc, I think Cleggy did a neat sidestep in this one!! ;) ;)

I can't remember the name of the episode but Howard had Clegg deliver a note to Marina at her work. Clegg ended up buying up LADY'S. hose (stockings). Help me out someone... :-*

Of course the back story (which arose in the stage play) was that Norman Clegg had got trapped in a lift with Marina, hence her phrase 'Norman Clegg that was ...'

Of course the back story (which arose in the stage play) was that Norman Clegg had got trapped in a lift with Marina, hence her phrase 'Norman Clegg that was ...'
Yes, such a good line and thread in the story. And you know, in FIRST of The Summer Wine I don't think they show him all that enamored with the female specie either. He was always ruminating on life as he did as an adult.

Howard wanting Clegg to get him out in Set The People Free. Or one that's the other way around, Marina wanting Clegg to deliver the giant panda to Howard.

Howard getting all of them to help deliver the bathtub with the deer head and mop on it. The policemen's faces were priceless when they went running by. :eek: ;D

Howard enrolled Clegg in the Outdoors Activities Fellowship and then stuck a sign on Cleggy's door as the OAF headquarters ;D

When Clegg and Truly have to tango to distract Pearl, so Howard can sneak back in :D :D Cleggy is mortified when Pearl sees them and he says "I'll have to move"!!

Ah, just watched this one. Howard asks Clegg if he can put his bike in his living room till evening. but it is a MOTORBIKE and Clegg eventually is in gear and riding it.

Ah, just watched this one. Howard asks Clegg if he can put his bike in his living room till evening. but it is a MOTORBIKE and Clegg eventually is in gear and riding it.
Elegy for Small Creature and Clandestine Trackbike Ellen :)

Elegy for Small Creature and Clandestine Trackbike Ellen :)

Yes and somehow it seemed wrong to use the word elegy in the title, except that it was Tom mourning.