I just received an inappropriate message that said "Someone likes you". I am very worried about this

Discussion in 'Help Here' started by Daycentredweller, Jan 25, 2018.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. Thank you all :33:

2. Pearl

Pearl Super Moderator Staff Member

That' Ok. Just remember no one knows where you live, it can be overwhelming if you need help just shout out we're a friendly lots and anyone here will help either of you out. If you want to private message me or anyother admin we'll be happy to help.

3. RickAns

RickAns Well-Known Member

Well that is good, glad things got sorted out.

There is a neat little awards alert system on the forums for when you pass certain milestones. For instance, every so many posts you make (ie 10, 100, 1000) or the likes your posts may get. We might be a little bit of barmpots here at times but we try not to scare people away. :D

If you have any questions the members here are very helpful.

4. Tex Rimmer

Tex Rimmer Guest

Dont worry spot I am a little overwhelmed as well I have never used a forum either. I used to have a pen pal in 1995 with a chap named Carl from Milton Keynes and I thought this would be a little like that but faster but there is a lot of buttons to get used to!

5. It said something about a trophy. Sorry for raising the alarm!

6. Pearl

Pearl Super Moderator Staff Member

Hello. Welcome to the forum, if you need any help you can private message me. Just click on my profile and click where it says " start a conversation " and I'll help navigate round the place. :17:

dick, cornishman and onyx(John) like this.
  7. RickAns

RickAns Well-Known Member

What maltrab said, Dot. I believe I clicked 'like' on one of your posts if I remember right. Sorry if it has caused any stress, certainly was not meant to.

We use it as a way to say 'Hi, I agree with your post and like what you said' kind of thing. I tend to do that when new posters come in and introduce themselves. I press the Like button on their introductory message. Want them to feel that their posts have been seen and appreciated. To be welcome to the forum and to feel free to continue posting and be active in the community.

I think there is a way to see who 'liked' your posts and if you see my name in there I assure you the intent was not nefarious. :)

Cheers,
    Rick

ferret, dick and Pearl like this.
  8. maltrab

maltrab Administrator Staff Member

It could of been someone likes your post, when you post something to the right of the box is a like button, people click on this to say they like what you posted, then you will get a message as an alert to let you know this, it is nothing sinister

9. cornishman

cornishman The Coder Staff Member

Use the "Log out" button in the top-right of page.

10. I live alone and I don't want strange admirers. And I can't even work out how to log off.