It doesn't get any easier does it

D

DJWCFC

Now you are probably thinking why a topic called this is in the series category but theres a reason, last Sunday (2nd) was the 3rd anniversary of the show officially being axed and even now its still as painful the fact our favourite show is no longer made, if anything it's got worse with me, I just need to hear The Mike Sammes Singers version and I get a tear in my eye, yes I got a lot of good and happy memories from this show and it is a massive part of my life but the pain is still there from when the show ended, to me it feels a part of me got lost that day and it will never come back to me ever, I just wanted to share this with the fellow winos on here cause i'm sure some of you feel the pain still like it was yesterday, like I do

Oh, I couldn't agree more! Everyday I watch at least 4 episodes. It soothes me . . calms me . . . good thing I am retired, lol . . don't have the hurly burly of working life anymore. However, I don't have all the episodes . . I think I am up to 24 . . when will we receive the rest?

A Tragic loss to the still millions of fans and the end of comedy as we know it, a show that was timeless,offended no one,would be impossible to replicate and all down to one untalented BBC employee who did the damage then fled the scene.

Stiff upper lips everyone

Good Morning,

Like I said a number of times I got all the series by downloading them from" The BOX". I know that it is not a real one with a cover etc. But I bought the dvd's and empty cases and made my own covers.

Like I said a number of times I got all the series by downloading them from" The BOX".

I also got many from TheBox.bz, especially all the later ones.

But long before I discovered TheBox I found a few folks
across the country willing to trade episodes to get complete
collections. That was super fun and made some wonderful
friends. Surprised more folks don't do that.

chuck

I watch about two a day, I go up to bed with a cuppa, and snuggle, it's bliss. Him indoors doesn't get it at all, so I get the bed to myself and enjoy my fav show, for at least an hour or more.

I watch about two a day, I go up to bed with a cuppa, and snuggle, it's bliss. Him indoors doesn't get it at all, so I get the bed to myself and enjoy my fav show, for at least an hour or more.

I wonder how many of us wind down at the end of the day with a episode or two,I normally do,happy to say my wife enjoys the show

I wonder how many of us wind down at the end of the day with a episode or two,I normally do,happy to say my wife enjoys the show
I find an episode at the end of the evening better than a mug of Horlicks. (well, almost)

Nearly every evening I watch an episode, it keeps me relatively sane and helps me cope, don't know how I managed before.

I'm joining the end-of-the-day club! I find it comforting and since I've seen them
so many times I'm now watching background people and what's happening
there.....quite enjoyable!!! :)

I'm joining the end-of-the-day club! I find it comforting and since I've seen them
so many times I'm now watching background people and what's happening
there.....quite enjoyable!!! :)
Comforting is exactly how I would describe watching an episode or two which I do most days. I was doing some major tidying up in my spare room today where there is no TV but I still turned on Summer Wine on my sitting room telly so I could listen and just to hear the voices and the dialogue was comforting indeed :D

I will do that to. I just need to hear them while I am busy in my apt. It is like having a friends with me. :)

Oh, bwingate, you're talking to the right one. Exactly! Great background to my day.

Back