Ivy's concoctions.

Pearl

Administrator
Staff member
In I Didn't Know Barry Could Play, Ivy is talking to Nora whilst dishing someones dinner order, on the plate she puts 2 fried eggs and then dumps a load of peas on top!

I wondered has anyone ever tried this combination?
Or has anyone else noticed any other strange concoctions?

In I Didn't Know Barry Could Play, Ivy is talking to Nora whilst dishing someones dinner order, on the plate she puts 2 fried eggs and then dumps a load of peas on top!

I wondered has anyone ever tried this combination?
Or has anyone else noticed any other strange concoctions?
;) I couldnt have eaten her fried eggs , they looked hard and plasticcy !(which they probably were :p)

I like my eggs well done but bouncy is over doing it a bit :D It was the peas that got me!! I thought beans! I could live with beans but not peas!!

You are right. Peas go with meat or fish but not with eggs. After all where do you dunk your bread in besides the eggs. But maybe that was what the customer ordered. Or just maybe peas were cheaper to use then beans.. I even like the looks of her sticky buns..

As I said peas don't ereally gow ith fried eggs. But different tastes for different folks. My son use to put ketchup on everything..

You are right. Peas go with meat or fish but not with eggs. After all where do you dunk your bread in besides the eggs. But maybe that was what the customer ordered. Or just maybe peas were cheaper to use then beans.. I even like the looks of her sticky buns..

As I said peas don't ereally gow ith fried eggs. But different tastes for different folks. My son use to put ketchup on everything..

I think thats just a son thing because mine does too :).

ah Ivy's famous 'delicious' sticky buns :)

I had eggs, chips and peas once at a resturant.

Slightly off topic but what sort of food/food cobos do you think Ivy and co thogut were acceptable? only asking because in one episode Ivy complained that people came back from holiday "with very inflated ideas about what should be in a salad"

and when Glenda offered to make quiches for Compo's funeral Edi snapped "nothing foreign2 and at the party in "what's Santa bought for Nora Then" all the ladies seemed to bring were buns!

I think that country food is a lot different from city food and if I may say a lot healthier.

So in an establishment like Ivy's you don't expect fancy stuff. This way you won't need any "Blood and Stomach pills" LOL

But we must also remember that in the countrty the young are growing up and travelling and see different food ideas..

I think that country food is a lot different from city food and if I may say a lot healthier.

So in an establishment like Ivy's you don't expect fancy stuff. This way you won't need any "Blood and Stomach pills" LOL

But we must also remember that in the countrty the young are growing up and travelling and see different food ideas..

so, we're talking, pie and chips, sausage and mash egg and peas ;) etc?

They also eat what you mentioned but they also eat lots of their homemade soups and veggies. There eggs are fresher and haven't been sitting in a supermarket for so long. I see this happening in my own country. We have what we call the maltese bun with tuna, olives etc . But now the youths have tasted the sinfull greased burgers and chips and prefer those. Our youth of today are fatter from unhealthy eating.

Ivy served basic good food egg clips and peas ,and a good value roast but I bet if you didnt like it she could have really taken you to the cleaners.

Yes peas go with Gammon and eggs. But I do not like mushy peas................. I hate when I am in London and buy fish and chips and along come mushy peas.

My north country aunt was going to a Pie and Pea supper. I wonder what sort of pie this would be. She said that the food was served on paper plates which started to disintergrate rather quickly so you had to eat up fast.

Back