Jimmy Perry RIP

I have met Jimmy Perry several times also David Croft. They have produced many brilliant comedy`s as PK has said' They have told me many a good story. RIP

What a great writing team, both sadly gone,the likes will never be seen again RIP

Yes, a very fine writer and a great story-teller.

And I have to echo that we will never see the likes of those two again.

Dad's Army, It Ain't Half Hot Mum and Hi-De-Hi reflect Perry's early real life. It was all based on his own experiences.

He always based his work on fact, and his shows are surprisingly educational too.

I believe he had some minor input in the recent Dad's Army film.

A Star writer from the heyday of British Comedy which is so sadly diminishing year on year , he brought his wealth of life experiences from his time as an entertainer in a holiday camp , his service to his country and turned them into masterpieces of their age, alongside his partner David Croft . To be capable of writing so many hit series takes enormous talent, he more than matches our beloved Roy Clarke in terms of the hit shows he wrote . I don't think we will ever see such a crop of star writers again in any era [certainly not recently] . I do hope that we see a fitting tribute from the BBC to mark his passing .

A Star writer from the heyday of British Comedy which is so sadly diminishing year on year , he brought his wealth of life experiences from his time as an entertainer in a holiday camp , his service to his country and turned them into masterpieces of their age, alongside his partner David Croft . To be capable of writing so many hit series takes enormous talent, he more than matches our beloved Roy Clarke in terms of the hit shows he wrote . I don't think we will ever see such a crop of star writers again in any era [certainly not recently] . I do hope that we see a fitting tribute from the BBC to mark his passing .
There was a Perry and Croft programme not long ago.Did you catch it Captain?

Thank you HJ I did , but I failed to record it to watch again.I will look through BBC Store see if they have it but hoping that there will be a tribute perhaps from one of the lesser series in terms of exposure [ Dads Army is a permanent Saturday Night feature and Hi-de-Hi is on every afternoon ]

Just being reported that the legendary Comedy writer, Jimmy Perry has passed away. A giant in British Sitcom, you only need to list his sitcoms to understand his genius.

Dad's Army
It ain't half hot mum
Hi de Hi
And my personal favourite You Rang M'lord

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-37743674
My sentiments entirely. So many smiles and laughter brought to so many people. What a gift!

Yes sad that he has gone. Not really sure we shall see the liek of such again.

Back
Top Bottom