Just as Well

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
Several weeks ago we had arranged for our garden to be torn up and relaid with astroturf, just pleased I am starting to feel a little better as the noise level is high, and I don't envy them when the temp starts to creep up

Well just think if you had been able to go to Holmfirth you'd have been concerned if the contractors were doing a good job and while :-

The old Holmfirth looks the same as I stepped down from the train[or the car] ,
and there to meet me are dear Pearl and Howard
Down the road I look and there runs Marina hair of gold and lips like cherries.
But its good to touch the green, green grass of home.

I hope you can get there soon. HolmePride has done a lot of cleaning up and sprucing up over the past many months. railings have had the algae scrubbed off and have been given a fresh coat of black Hammerite. At the request of the owners of Daisy Lane Books, the ivy that had overgrown the stone "railing" on one side of the steps leading to the flat over the store has been removed, allowing access without having to brush against the ivy, getting soaked in wet weather. They've cleared the weeds out of the stone wall along one side of Hollowgate near the center of town and have planted rock plants in their place, and much, much more. Take a look at https://www.facebook.com/holmepride/ for more details.

I had hoped to enjoy seeing the results of all their work, but unfortunately, I had to cancel my travel this month due to painfully knotted muscle fibers in the left lateral deltoid, with nerve endings getting pinched in the knots. My left arm was all but useless and I was sleeping badly. I've had about six weeks of physical therapy so far, and the pain is greatly reduced.

I have also read that some kind chap has been repainting many of the old road signs around the area, also they are raising money locally to fund his materials

Sorry to hear that Marianna. Hope things are better soon. Nice link to Holmepride.

Added - They did nice work on your yard maltrab.

I hope you can get there soon. HolmePride has done a lot of cleaning up and sprucing up over the past many months. railings have had the algae scrubbed off and have been given a fresh coat of black Hammerite. At the request of the owners of Daisy Lane Books, the ivy that had overgrown the stone "railing" on one side of the steps leading to the flat over the store has been removed, allowing access without having to brush against the ivy, getting soaked in wet weather. They've cleared the weeds out of the stone wall along one side of Hollowgate near the center of town and have planted rock plants in their place, and much, much more. Take a look at https://www.facebook.com/holmepride/ for more details.

I had hoped to enjoy seeing the results of all their work, but unfortunately, I had to cancel my travel this month due to painfully knotted muscle fibers in the left lateral deltoid, with nerve endings getting pinched in the knots. My left arm was all but useless and I was sleeping badly. I've had about six weeks of physical therapy so far, and the pain is greatly reduced.
Have you tried a chiropractor? They specialize in pinched nerves. I had a pinched nerve (bad experience in the shampoo chair at the beauty salon) and my chiropractor worked on it and got it cleared up.

Pearl,

Its just certain phrases or sayings in thread replies that triggers something in my mind about a song and then I think I can adopt the lyrics to fit the dialogue of the thread , For example "I'm sorely tempted" triggers the Pointer Sisters hit I'm so Excited and in response to your challenge then :-

I'm sorely Tempted so I might just try it ,
I'm about to look a fool but I hope you like it . :)

Last edited:
Back