Massive prices for Doctor Who convention

D

DJWCFC

I am a Doctor Who fan and had been keeping an eye on the prices of tickets for the 50th anniversary convention, well they annouced the prices today and there £45 + booking fee (about £4) each for adults, if you want the special ticket with added extras thats £95.50 for adults, now I like my Doctor Who but those prices are too much, a shame there going to exploit some fans paying those prices.

I am a Doctor Who fan and had been keeping an eye on the prices of tickets for the 50th anniversary convention, well they annouced the prices today and there £45 + booking fee (about £4) each for adults, if you want the special ticket with added extras thats £95.50 for adults, now I like my Doctor Who but those prices are too much, a shame there going to exploit some fans paying those prices.

Where is this being held Darren, Yes it is expensive,but it seems most things are these days and often average folk cannot afford these type of events any more,so miss out

It's at the ExCel in London Terry, I agree it does seem a lot for us average folks who struggle nowadays in general, it's a shame cause it would have been nice to go seeing its the official convention for that popular show which is my 2nd favourite show (LOTSW obviously being first), still one of those things, can't be helped missing out on it

Hi

I know exactly what you mean. We are big science fiction fans and go to Eastercon and when in the UK the worldcon. It is back next year and at that venue. The prices have stopped us been able to go.

The lats few Worldcons in the UK have been at the SECC in Glasgow, prices there are far more sensible. Seems any thing going to London and you have had it if you do not have a high income.

Wow, I am sorry you will have to miss this. I do love Doctor Who, too. I agree, the prices of things are astronomical at the moment.

Back