Name Some Episodes #17

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
I think this one is just Name the Episode,where a well known British Breakfast Cereal is Mentioned

There is one episode where Glenda complains that Barry wont eat his muesli but I would not call that British ??:confused:

In THE EXPERIMENT Pearl says Howard looks like a free gift from a CORNFLAKES packet ??:08:

Well done Dick, so there is at least two episodes where a breakfast cereal is mentioned and I am looking for another one

Another one that doesn't quite fit, Edie having a rant at Wesley about hearing nothing from him at breakfast! Except the noise of his sugar frosted popsicles !:rolling:

Was it about some one eating their Weetabix?

If it's Weetabix, that's from Of Passion and Pizza, referring to Mrs Crayshaw, a personal trainer, from Brighouse accused of eating it raw. Not being British, I didn't know that was cereal.

And the answer I was looking for was the episode "The Arts of Concealment" when Foggy was pulling on the threads of Compo's trousers he asked "Who makes your clothes Shredded Wheat"

I only buy Bran and Porridge but remember vividly as a kid that they used to put all sorts of toys and puzzles in Cereal packets . There was always a big dustup between siblings to decide who got the gift , plus my parents always said we could not have it until the box was empty[ I believe now in hindsight this was a just a ploy to make us eat it ] . Do they still put gifts in Cereal packets or does that no longer happen?? :)

I only buy Bran and Porridge but remember vividly as a kid that they used to put all sorts of toys and puzzles in Cereal packets . There was always a big dustup between siblings to decide who got the gift , plus my parents always said we could not have it until the box was empty[ I believe now in hindsight this was a just a ploy to make us eat it ] . Do they still put gifts in Cereal packets or does that no longer happen?? :)

Health and Safety Captain. Choking hazard??:confused::eyesroll:

Not happened for many a long year. I was aghast the other year to find they no longer put collector cards in packets of tea! And that can not be health and safety!!

I recall there used to be cardboard models of trains printed on the back of a cereal packet in the mid 1950s that you could cut out and assemble.Not sure if it was Weetabix or Scott's Porage Oats. Any one else recall those?

I tried to make them but was not allowed access to the scalpel which I now have which would have improved the quality of cut. My efforts were out of true as I also at that age had not understood the need for scoring card before folding.

Back