New fridge freezer

gothic

Administrator
Staff member
Got the first new fridge freezer I've had for a few years. The old one gave up the ghost :(
This new one is nothing special, it's a 50/50 fridge on top, freezer below. The only problem is that I had forgotten how strong the magnets on the doors are, or the magnets have become stronger on newer machines as I sometimes feel I need a neigbour to come in and help open the bloody doors. It really is a two hand job! Though I suppose it just shows how good the door seals are.

If you stick these fridge magnets on the door sure these guys will help you pull it open:08:

popeye.jpg arnie.jpg

Or like Popeye you could eat more Spinach worked for him!

We have a new fridge-freezer arriving tomorrow (Sunday).
Hope our doors open easier. Also hope they take away
the old one!

I had the same experience as Tony with a new upright freezer. Every time I try to open the door with one hand, I pull the entire unit 6 inches away from the wall. It requires two hands to open the door, but usually you have one hand full of stuff you are planning to put inside the freezer.........frustrating! The magnetic seal on the door is quite strong.

Last edited:
Tony, they should of supplied one of these with the new Fridge/Freezer, give them a call and tell them it is missing
qpwTE1KLSVM.jpg

Got the first new fridge freezer I've had for a few years. The old one gave up the ghost :(
This new one is nothing special, it's a 50/50 fridge on top, freezer below. The only problem is that I had forgotten how strong the magnets on the doors are, or the magnets have become stronger on newer machines as I sometimes feel I need a neigbour to come in and help open the bloody doors. It really is a two hand job! Though I suppose it just shows how good the door seals are.
Magnets on doors?

If there are any then they are very weak on mine as they open with the lightest of touches!

Or is that they are just very old?

Gotta say, the guys who installed ours did a lousy job as there
are dents of various sizes here and there, mostly on the fridge and
freezer doors. We hope to get them to replace this entirely
rather than one door at a time.

On second thought, just DEMAND that they replace the refrigerator. If they replace the doors, will the doors fit correctly? Sometimes the installers expect to install the new appliance in a large kitchen. Perhaps the dents occurred when they had to face a small and/or oddly shaped room or they had difficulty in getting it into the house, i.e., stairs, small door, etc. and the dents came from trying to maintain their schedule and get the unit installed quickly. But their schedule (or other constraints) does not excuse your dents.

Back