Newgrange

Many thanks Tony, I'm guessing this is linked to The Battle Of The Boyne which is marked on 12th July?

Although I am Irish by birth my Irish history is abysmal I'm afraid. I knew there was a battle of the Boyne (river/valley) but had to google the Newgrange stone age monument, though that type of history does now interest me far far more now than it ever did at school
:3x:

Ireland

I've been down the passage tomb at Newgrange, though not during the solstice. So eerie and other worldly down there. The construction dates back to 3,200 BC

Although I am Irish by birth my Irish history is abysmal I'm afraid. I knew there was a battle of the Boyne (river/valley) but had to google the Newgrange stone age monument, though that type of history does now interest me far far more now than it ever did at school
:3x:
So is about 25% of mine, although it’s Northern Ireland, so that might not count. My BA is in history, but I didn’t develop any interest in the subject until later in life. Now it’s become a voracious interest in the ancient and modern history of the British Isles.

Back