Pearl in. Mud.

Pearl

Administrator
Staff member
Yesterday was Reaper day I swept the 5k family run, basically rounding up lost people, I was on admin registration in the morning, basically helping people get lost, and the again on admin for the night run, basically helping people get lost in the woods in the dark. Had a fantastic day truly loved it. I'm wearing my wounds with pride today. Anyone fancy coming along in April, just let me know. _20171015_093433.JPG DSC_0691.JPG

Last edited:
The like is for the determination and effort you expended whilst taking part not only in the events but also being on point to assure the safety of others and for partaking in the administration . The like is not for the injuries you have suffered always said there should be a dislike button . Well Done Pearl you are a credit to Society as a whole .

I understand the "like" system but the injuries are a badge of honour in the OCR world, if you're injured you but didn't need the emergency services it means you had a great time. Our paramedics had a thankfully boring day, one or two limped in but nothing serious. It's so well run by the the organisers and the obstacles are so well constructed and safety is always paramount, Reaper have 2 contestants in Canada at the world championships this week. It's a growing sport which welcomes people from all walks of life and of all shapes and sizes, it's very inclusive sport. I'm very proud to be associated with it, it's a great family activity. Our moto is "The family that get s*** up together will stick together" :03::37:

Last edited:
Well done Pearl, glad you had a great time,next year if I am not busy train spotting I will come and help

You know what? I am not thrilled with mud. Even watching a TV show with lots of people sloshing/driving through mud, might cause me to change the channel. But I am all for exercise and if it takes mud to get some exercise, then more power to you. If it takes mud to make an autistic kid happy then more power to him. But always make sure you wear shoes as parasites like to also hang out in mud.

Hello Pearl,

Hope the badges of honour are healing well. Whilst they are temporary you have the shirt and medal to prove you took part something to look at with pride . :)

Sure they will fade in a few weeks , certainly suffered for your cause albeit a very energetic and worthy cause . I guess the terrain and foliage you are running through is pretty much something you could not protect yourself against , regardless what you wore .

Sure they will fade in a few weeks , certainly suffered for your cause albeit a very energetic and worthy cause . I guess the terrain and foliage you are running through is pretty much something you could not protect yourself against , regardless what you wore .
Its pretty much self inflicted I should wear long socks or long leggings but I HATE socks, I'm just getting used to the trainer socks, so it's my own fault. I don't usually get it that bad but the course changes a little each time so you never really know what you're in for.

Back