People who have never been seen

amos hames

Dedicated Member
During the entire run we always heard the trio mention people who we never saw.For example Ruby Milburn and Eileen Watkins how many can you think of.

Here are some

Chunky Rumbelow
Nigel Hinchcliffe(His nose went septic)
Billy sinders
Lilly Gilchrist

There are proberly lots more.I will hand it over to you guys while i try to think of some more. :)

We never saw many wives - Compos (run off with a fizzing Pole), Seymours (left him), Cleggy's (deceased); not the girl from the NAAFI who enchanted Blamire.

In fact there were only five regular couples of whom we saw both partners - if I recall correctly, but prepared to be corrected!

I think Compo's wife ran off with a chuffing Pole, but other than that your right.
My goodness the can imagine what Compo's wife would have looked like :D
I think someone surgested, on another tread, that they should make another Summer Wine somewhere in the middle of the First and Last, now that would happily pay to see ;D

I think Compo's wife ran off with a chuffing Pole, but other than that your right.
My goodness the can imagine what Compo's wife would have looked like :D
I think someone surgested, on another tread, that they should make another Summer Wine somewhere in the middle of the First and Last, now that would happily pay to see ;D

I think it was a chuffing Pole in one episode and a fizzing one in another (or might have been in the novel).

Yes the middle years - a midquel? - now that would have been intriguing. But could they get the lino for Norman to sell? Who would have played Edie his wife? Foggy writing out military signs, Seymour's school, Wally at work volunteering for rest day working to avoid Norah, Truly at work in London .... Glenda as a baby, how would Wesley have been then?

Ok here goes: They sell lino at a shop not far from me so thats on problem, Maureen Lipman for Mrs Clegg and Wesley would still be covered in oil and wearing his wellies but on a part time basis ;D

Did we ever get to see any of Sid or Ivy's relatives,in the xmas specials they were always there for dinner but did we ever see them

I wonder what they would've been like! His mother would probably be like Edie - 'Drink Your Coffee!' except this time Miss Davenport and Marina might be among Barry's mother's drinking circle - And his dad would probably work in a building society as well, and his sister might have had past rejections. Just a thought...

Back