RIP Jeremy Lloyd

Very sad news. Not just a writer, but a popular actor of the 60s - Doctor in Clover, Very Important Person, and We Joined the Navy spring to mind.

Something to with Joanna Lumley, I think, too.

Should you and I be worried Marianna??:13:

Age seventy is still middle age in my book. I hope you're a long way from frail. Anyone who spends the amount of time working out that I do can't possibly be frail. The greatest danger this time of year is the 'flu and pneumonia, so I have my 'flu vaccination every autumn and the pneumovax every ten years. I hope you do too. I haven't had 'flu since the winter before the vaccine was first available and I've never had pneumonia.

Marianna

Age seventy is still middle age in my book. I hope you're a long way from frail. Anyone who spends the amount of time working out that I do can't possibly be frail. The greatest danger this time of year is the 'flu and pneumonia, so I have my 'flu vaccination every autumn and the pneumovax every ten years. I hope you do too. I haven't had 'flu since the winter before the vaccine was first available and I've never had pneumonia.

Marianna

There is apparently a strain of flu doing the rounds that seems to have defeated the flu vaccine! ::)

There is apparently a strain of flu doing the rounds that seems to have defeated the flu vaccine! ::)

Yes, I had heard that too. I've been washing my hands after touching anything that's been handled by anyone else and being careful to keep them away from my nose and eyes until after washing them. I hope you're taking all reasonable precautions, too.

Marianna

I decided to have the flu vaccine this year for the first time. I am pretty fit and do not get colds or flu so I thought I would not bother. I wish I never had it. I had a bad reaction and was laid up for 10 days with all the symptoms of flu without actually having it. Never again.

I decided to have the flu vaccine this year for the first time. I am pretty fit and do not get colds or flu so I thought I would not bother. I wish I never had it. I had a bad reaction and was laid up for 10 days with all the symptoms of flu without actually having it. Never again.

The first time I had it made me feel like that but after that I was fine with it, just a sore arm.

The first time I had it made me feel like that but after that I was fine with it, just a sore arm.

I've occasionally had a sore arm for a day or so, but nothing worse. This year the nurse who administered it was so skillful that I never even felt the needle and had no soreness at all. I sometimes wonder if the flu-like symptoms a few people have might be due to a previously undiagnosed allergy to the eggs in which the vaccine is grown.

Marianna

I've occasionally had a sore arm for a day or so, but nothing worse. This year the nurse who administered it was so skillful that I never even felt the needle and had no soreness at all. I sometimes wonder if the flu-like symptoms a few people have might be due to a previously undiagnosed allergy to the eggs in which the vaccine is grown.

Marianna

Good point!

Flu - I think I have symptoms despite a flu jab in October as usual with no side effects.

I have had bad feeling since about 9th December and if no better come 5th January will have to seek medical advice!

Back to original point of post - sad news that another comedy stalwart has gone.

Yes, Happyjack . . this happens a lot. I am against ANY vaccine now. Whether it be flu, hpv, etc. There is something called The Greater Good and it is evil. Let food be your medicine the Greek said.

That is why I do not get the flu shot. Same reason. I don't remember the last time the vaccine was for the flu strains going around. Always a different strain inflicting people.

Back