Role Reversal

Amos Hames 2

Dedicated Member
Reaction score
If way back in 1971 when Summerwine was born. The Premise of 3 middle aged men as they were then was a winner. But if the Roles were reversed and it was 3 middle aged women I wonder who would have played the female characters and what the Characters would be called. A fun post to use your imagination with

Well, to start , I'd imagine it would be written by a Rosemary Clarke?

Wow, what a great thread idea! Is nice to get a female perspective on things. I'd enjoy watching this show as well.

Some really fine ladies mentioned: Pat Coombs, Felicity Kendall, Joanna Lumley , Penelope Keith, Prunella Scales...

I think Liz Smith would make a wonderful Compo type character. Stephanie Cole maybe as one of the trio.

Added:
Fantastic commercial with the ladies sledding, Roger. I had not seen that before.

Mollie Sudgen

Last edited:
If way back in 1971 when Summerwine was born. The Premise of 3 middle aged men as they were then was a winner. But if the Roles were reversed and it was 3 middle aged women I wonder who would have played the female characters and what the Characters would be called. A fun post to use your imagination with
!971. !972 actually. I'm thinking Patricia Hayes in the Compo role.

Then again, perhaps Hylda Baker.

Perhaps Joan Hickson in the Blamire role.

And maybe Megs Jenkins for the Clegg role.

Back
Top Bottom