Shopping

cornishman

Junior Jedi
Staff member
I'm not very gregarious, in fact I'm particularly unhospitable! So I thought I'd get to our local Morrisons store early, arrived at about ten past seven.... WOW! there were cars queuing for the already overflowing car park, every Mother and their Son was in the store, elbow room only.
So I got very tetchy very very quickly, did what shopping I could and got the hell out of there. Next year I go on a diet :33:

At last...another curmudgeon who doesn't like people...especially SHOPPERS!!
My particular ailment comes from past "professional" dealings with the public so now I avoid crowded areas wherever possible.
I believe shopping trollies should be equipped with machine guns to get rid of all the idiots, especially at this time of year.....BAH HUMBUG!:02:

Tony
You could of course availed yourself of online grocery shopping and let them deliver it to you so instead of a mile hike around the store its a ten yard walk to the front door to answer . They may charge for the delivery but hey its worth every penny.

Tony
You could of course availed yourself of online grocery shopping and let them deliver it to you so instead of a mile hike around the store its a ten yard walk to the front door to answer . They may charge for the delivery but hey its worth every penny.
Every week I have either Waitrose or Tesco deliver my online order, this week I received the receipt from Waitrose yesterday morning and it showed that of the 30 items I ordered 21 of them had been substituted. Unacceptable! I cancelled the order, thats why I was out this morning :(

I've been to our Morrisons this morning and it wasn't too bad, only needed a few items and 10 items or less til was empty so we were in and out PDQ.
I started off in town at the meat market and that was pretty empty too but Marks and Sparks was a little fuller but I'm proud to announce I' done!! :01::37:

Everybody make a note. Christmas is not a surprise. So, other than perishables, can one shop in, say for instance, July or August for presents? Wrap them quickly so you don't forget why you've bought these things and relax in front of the TV when they run news stories of shops and malls being crowded.

The best way is to let her indoors do it like I do. No problem, I just pay for it while sitting down.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Like is for you having given it a try Pearl , sadly like so many people time is so precious that they simply do not have time to relax and enjoy their life to the maximum . At one time Public Houses never ever opened on Christmas Day but I drove on a road yesterday where there are 5 pubs only 1 was closed and that implies that the poor barmen and barmaids had to work on Christmas Day to serve the people in there .

The biggest debate in the UK regarding Easter commercially will be how much further have Cadbury's shrunk their Cream Eggs . When I ate them as a kid they were the size of a Large to very Large Hen's egg , now they are not far off a Quail's egg in size [in the example below from 1985 and 2009 the difference is striking if you combined both of these you would probably get close to the size I recall from my childhood]

eggies2.jpg

Back