Sid

Sid and Ivy at the afternoon tea dance,first series I think.Ivy complains about Sid`s dancing saying " You don`t know how to hold me properly". Behind her back and under his breath Sid brings his hands together and says "Put your neck in there"

Ivy " When you gonna have a look at me sink??" >:(
Sid " Any time you want to sink my love, I'll come and watch you!!" ;)

On the plank. Every step was nearer the ground. Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant.

Sid and Ivy at the afternoon tea dance,first series I think.Ivy complains about Sid`s dancing saying " You don`t know how to hold me properly". Behind her back and under his breath Sid brings his hands together and says "Put your neck in there"

Series #1, episode #1, "Short Back and Palais Glide"?

I enjoyed his scenes in The Kink in Foggy's Niblick - particularly when Foggy knocks the ball off the tee and thinks nobody is watching but Sid (who looks like he's asleep) says 'We won't count that one' LOL!

Put your neck in there Ivy,as he is holding out his hands.Cant remember the episode off hand.

The other one i really liked was when he was reading his newspaper and the banter went something like,.".Now there's a bit of luck"."Do you mean the bloke winning the pools", says Ivy,looking at his paper."No,the bloke that reversed out of his garage and ran over his mother in law",replied Sid. ;D ;D

Priceless :D

Hector.

One of my personal favorite episodes that centered around Sid was "Deep In The Heart Of Yorkshire". Some great writing on Roy Clarke's part. I had no idea why Sid was sneaking off into the woods with a bedding roll until the trio discovered him in the cowboy outfit he wore for the church charity function. Definitely one of the better episodes of the initial Compo/Clegg/Foggy era.

There have been many moments that Sid made me laugh such as his reactions to Ivys shouting.Poor old sid had to go though a lot married to Ivy and John Comer played the part with Class

getting on sydneys wire where the plank he is standing on just gently bends to the floor, priceless.. ;D

Back