Similar Story Lines

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
I was watching Wheelies yesterday and thought how many episodes have involved the use of a tractor wheel, I know it must be hard to write a show for 30 plus years and not use the same or similar idea's.

I would like to hear from members what episodes they recall that have similar story lines or themes,Terry

;D Not up on the titles but barrel rolling springs to mind( one Foggy episode and one Truly episode) Tray sliding is another (Seymour ep. and one ep where Barry and Glenda are trying it) :D

A number have focused on the problems of a paralytically drunk - A quiet drink, Happy Anniversary Gough and Jessie, There goes the groom, Cheering up Ludovic to name a few; and then thatlast one also reminds me of all those with dodgy motor cars - Loxley Lozenge, Getting Sam Home, The New Mobile trio are just some foe the older ones in that genre.

;D Just watched THE ODD DOG MEN and realised the dialogue with the guy walking along shouting FIFI! is very similar to the scene in BEWARE THE HOT DOG where the guy has lost his girlfriend and shouts for her in practically the same words! ;D ;)

;D Just watched THE ODD DOG MEN and realised the dialogue with the guy walking along shouting FIFI! is very similar to the scene in BEWARE THE HOT DOG where the guy has lost his girlfriend and shouts for her in practically the same words! ;D ;)

Almost exactly twenty years between them!

OK, so that partially explains why that man is shouting FIFI and everyone is looking for FIFI who they think is a dog and then he reveals that FIFI is actually his girlfriend; and then later on he get tired of shouting FIFI so he whips out his mobile phone and calls her.

Cowboy outfits in the woods? Deep into the Heart of Yorkshire and Who's That With Barry And Glenda?-It's Not Barry And Glenda, are 25 years apart. Of course I certainly think it is OK to reuse plots, etc. when the episodes are so far apart.

White Man's Grave and Set The People Free(husbands liberated from wives). I suppose Happy Aninversary Gough And Jessie comes under this too

Back