Something I Noticed Tonight

me2

Dedicated Member
In "Oh Shut Up and Eat Your Choc-Ice" Edie goes on an on about Glenda's wedding with the lemon accessories when Glenda wanted Pink. Here's the conversation:

Wasn't our Glenda's a beautiful wedding? Full white, and lemon accessories.
I wanted pink.
The lemon was beautiful - everybody liked it.
Except me.
Your father liked it.
He likes what he's told!

I watched "Uncle of the Bride" tonight and noticed Glenda's bouquet was pink and white flowers with a pink ribbon and Edie's dress and flowers were both pink. The only thing yellow for the wedding was the roses on the cake. So maybe the decorations for the reception were yellow, but the wedding itself looked pink to me.

I've noticed that but Roy Clarke wasn't known for his continuity so we just have to overlook his little foibles.

In "Oh Shut Up and Eat Your Choc-Ice" Edie goes on an on about Glenda's wedding with the lemon accessories when Glenda wanted Pink. Here's the conversation:

Wasn't our Glenda's a beautiful wedding? Full white, and lemon accessories.
I wanted pink.
The lemon was beautiful - everybody liked it.
Except me.
Your father liked it.
He likes what he's told!

I watched "Uncle of the Bride" tonight and noticed Glenda's bouquet was pink and white flowers with a pink ribbon and Edie's dress and flowers were both pink. The only thing yellow for the wedding was the roses on the cake. So maybe the decorations for the reception were yellow, but the wedding itself looked pink to me.

Maybe it just goes to show that the folks involved in the creation and production of the series though they were producing ephemera, rather than a subject for serious study!

Marianna

I have heard colour can be subjective, but yellow and pink - reasonably different.
Agree with Marianna, probably never thought that the words would be dissected to this degree ...

many story writers have continuity hiccoughs ....

Back