Spotted this Picture

Nice one Terry!:03: Just remind me please , who is the "Crusher" sized gent next to Norah?

He's in the half pint brigade with John Rutland and Brian Wilde which is strange because "the half pint" Joe Gladwin is in " the full I am" pint brigade with Bill Owen and John Comer . Given the light colour of the drink Kathy Staff looks like she is on Gin and Bitter lemon , for Jane Freeman its Cafe tea or nowt! Great photo Terry.

So many legends in one photograph.

More likely 1981?

Presumably this is the real inside of the pub (was it The Butchers Arms?) when they were filming the exterior scenes?

Either way, great photo and thank you.

The man next to Nora Batty must be the Landlord. Since it's a different Landlord to one we saw in the studio scenes of Whoops, this must be the real-life one.

I also think it is the landlord, the reason I said 1980 was it was screened in 81 and normally filmed 6 to 12 months before screening

Screened very late 1981 I think, and I don't think in those days they waited very long between filming and screening - unlike much later episodes.

Whoops is a brilliant episode - could watch that one right now!

Look at the expressions on their faces. The men are smiling and the women aren't. Wonder why?

Back