Stormy Weather

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
I hope you folks are all okay with the bad weather here in the UK, I am on the east side of the country and the wind speed has topped 40mph so I dread to think what it is like further north,you all take care

Thanks Terry, I echo your sentiments for everyone.:42: On the down side, here in my part of Notts the recycling bins were not collected due to the recent snowy weather and lots were left on the streets by people who did not want to take them back in. They were blown over in the night and the streets are now awash with rubbish.:13:

I hope you folks are all okay with the bad weather here in the UK, I am on the east side of the country and the wind speed has topped 40mph so I dread to think what it is like further north,you all take care

Wet and windy here in South Norfolk just the very occasional strong gust but not much damage as far as I know. Good luck all.

Well my fence is still standing (Just) unlike the neighbours. Its still quite windy and a tad wet but the suns out not............. Kinda!?!?

Thanks Terry, I echo your sentiments for everyone.:42: On the down side, here in my part of Notts the recycling bins were not collected due to the recent snowy weather and lots were left on the streets by people who did not want to take them back in. They were blown over in the night and the streets are now awash with rubbish.:13:

You still have bins? Ours changed to orange bags a while back. If the wind takes them at least it takes the whole bag and not disperses the rubbish everywhere.

You still have bins? Ours changed to orange bags a while back. If the wind takes them at least it takes the whole bag and not disperses the rubbish everywhere.

Bags!! I thought they went out with the ark. Is it some sort of new initiative with your council? Where in the uk are you Pearl?

Bags!! I thought they went out with the ark. Is it some sort of new initiative with your council? Where in the uk are you Pearl?

We had boxes for a while but then they replaced them with orange bags, there a lot better because you can recycle much more in them. I have two bins in the kitchen one with black bags and the other with the orange. I'm in the East Mids.

I didn`t think anyone had bags any more. Mother used to live in West Midlands had bins there for years.

I didn`t think anyone had bags any more. Mother used to live in West Midlands had bins there for years.

My daughter who lives in the County has green bins but there small and only emptied once a fortnight but my bags are collected weekly so proffer them.

Yes we are every two weeks. One for black bins (general rubbish) the other re-cycled. Works ok. Now we have more that we can re-cycle we fill it up every fortnight, it takes glass, foil as well as all the paper and cardboard even christmas cards now.

Yes we are every two weeks. One for black bins (general rubbish) the other re-cycled. Works ok. Now we have more that we can re-cycle we fill it up every fortnight, it takes glass, foil as well as all the paper and cardboard even christmas cards now.

Are bags do too, makes life easier that's for sure.

Bins are fine except when you get a stranger (workman) come and they use the colour bin they are used to at home! It seems that every council has different colours for different things .I once had to sort and shake my recycling after one had gone, he'd tipped sawdust and sweepings in amongst the paper etc. I sorted it to make sure it was emptied. Thank goodness they now take all work waste in their vans these days.:12:

You still have bins?

You don't have to either contract with a trash/recycling hauler or haul it to the landfill/recycling center yourself? Those are the only options here in the village and in the surrounding hamlets. Three miles down the road in the city, residents have to buy clearly identified bright blue bags for garbage and put their recycling out in open containers so the garbage men can see that only the permitted items are in them.

I haul my own, and so do the neighbors on either side, but I'm considering contracting with a new company that has proper garbage/recycling trucks rather than merely a pickup truck with a tarp thrown over the contents. The new company is the only one that provides bins, one each for garbage and recycling, and doesn't require the recycling to be sorted. They empty both bins weekly. If I hire them, it will feel like a return to civilization.

Marianna

You don't have to either contract with a trash/recycling hauler or haul it to the landfill/recycling center yourself? Those are the only options here in the village and in the surrounding hamlets. Three miles down the road in the city, residents have to buy clearly identified bright blue bags for garbage and put their recycling out in open containers so the garbage men can see that only the permitted items are in them.

I haul my own, and so do the neighbors on either side, but I'm considering contracting with a new company that has proper garbage/recycling trucks rather than merely a pickup truck with a tarp thrown over the contents. The new company is the only one that provides bins, one each for garbage and recycling, and doesn't require the recycling to be sorted. They empty both bins weekly. If I hire them, it will feel like a return to civilization.

Marianna

We pay for this and other service via our Council Tax, then the council send round the binmen once a week or fortnightly depending on the county. One lot come for the household rubbish and and another lot for the recycling. In my area its a Friday.

We pay for this and other service via our Council Tax, then the council send round the binmen once a week or fortnightly depending on the county. One lot come for the household rubbish and and another lot for the recycling. In my area its a Friday.

In this area the city pickup is partly subsidized by property taxes, with the most of the price of the bags covering the balance. The remainder of the price covers the store overhead for the places that sell them. People like me who haul to the local transfer station for the county landfill can either pay by the bag via credit card upon entering the site, with the county absorbing the fee merchants' fee charged by the credit card company, or they can periodically stop at the town hall to buy a solid waste disposal punch ticket good for a dozen or so bags, paying via cash or check. In that case, the county solid waste department pays a percentage to the town clerk's office for dealing with the tickets.

Marianna

That happen here in NYC too. I mostly hate losing a lid, lol. Hubby worked for Sanitation here, so we are always on top of things.

Back