Summer Wine TV Airings

Bora Natty

Dedicated Member
I have ExpatPrime and another service that allows me to watch Summer Wine on Gold and Dave. Are there any other airings I may be missing?

I'm not familiar with US TV, but I'd recommend investing in the DVD's so you can watch the series from start to finish in order. They're on Ebay for around £50 - £60 so you'd probably get them shipped over for around 100USD

I do have the complete set and I caught onto the player zones years ago. I have players that cover every zone. I have access to a fair amount of British channels. I was just wondering if I was missing LOTSW airings. Thanks for the replies!

Dvds. Be careful, UK & USA are different formats/regions.
It's worthwhile investing in a Region 2 DVD player and the Region 2 disc set, though, because a few scenes had to be cut from the Region 1 discs to comply with US copyright requirements. The most glaring omission is the opening scene from Elegy for Fallen Wellies, which makes sense of Nora's and Ivy's costumes.

It's worthwhile investing in a Region 2 DVD player and the Region 2 disc set, though, because a few scenes had to be cut from the Region 1 discs to comply with US copyright requirements. The most glaring omission is the opening scene from Elegy for Fallen Wellies, which makes sense of Nora's and Ivy's costumes.
Wow this is really interesting, so the ladies singing Life is a Cabaret is missing from some of the Reg 1 versions, that's arguably on of the most significant scenes in the whole episode!?

I'm guessing that maybe because of the more litigious copyright laws that side of the pond. But I really can't see Liza Minelli suing Edie and the ladies for seriously rivaling her work :D

My players cover all regions and work great. I'm watching LOTSW on Gold now. The kiss and Mavis Poskit and next is Oh, shut up and eat your choc ice..

I am currently catching up on the early Foggy episodes, in the episode "The Kink In Foggy's Niblick" where Compo is disrupting the golfer ahead of Foggy, the golfer storms off and Foggy attempts to tell him he has left his golf balls behind. When Foggy says "Balls Sir" the golfer turns, and after a beat walks away . then stops, and gives the V sign to Foggy, when this episode was screened on Drama channel the V sign is edited out, which considering there are scenes where Compo gives the same sign seems bizarre, and considering the current comedies doing the rounds this seems such a tame thing to warrant being removed. Are we that sensitive nowadays that we could be offended by, a gesture, that was prevalent in the 60's and 70's?

The youth nowadays seem to have adapted a popular gesture from America, raising the middle finger, which I believe came from ancient Greece originally, I guess I do not like this appropriation of other nations habits.

Back